• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Are gold tegus really that aggresive?

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Depends on what you want in a lizard. On average they start off harder to tame. Just how they are.

lucas6931

Gold tegus are not for beginners and they'll let you know it too,but If your scared to get bit or tailwhipped than its definitely not for you. I own an argentine and she is an angel. I see your into geckos, I use to deal with tokays and tamed one.
I am a first time tegu owner and ended up with a gold tegu not scared of getting bit but can't get him to tame at all I handle him every day and have been for a month with no change still bites me every day any tips

Jrock23

I wouldn't recommend gold tegus for starters, they really not that bad, people just have to have to patients to put in the work on taming them.. Gold tegus are a challenge. If this is your first lizard i would recommend you get a black and white or red tegu

Are those new hatchlings or adopted goldens? How old are they? So far I haven't had any issues with biting or tail whipping whatsoever. They are just shy creatures from what I see but they are not more aggressive than the red iguana I had previously.That thing was super aggressive and hated being handled. Even the baby green iguanas I saw at a pet store will try to tail whip but I can reach for the tegus w/o being hissed at or bitten.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980