• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentina Black and White mutation?

Justin Dinh

I recently came upon this ad on craiglist stating they are selling a argentina black and white tegu that has a belly mutation. The tegu's belly seem to have a genetic mutation which makes it yellowish-red. I did for research and came upon a (tegu hunter?) that also stated some of the wild caught tegus belly's are yellowish red too. Ive never heard about this mutation and was wondering if this is actually a legitimated thing or he's just making it up. I will provide the link below.

http://www.tegusonly.com/#!florida-firebelly-tegus/c1uhb

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It is legitimate. Those are WC in southern Florida. Among the tegus he catches, some have varying shades of red on their belly. As a description of this morph, he calls them firebellies. All three of my tegus come from Tegusonly, one of which is a firebelly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu