• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Argentine B&W Not EATING

one f

New member and new owner of a b7w argentine tegu. I've had him 3 months and has eaten ground turkey and fruits like a pig daily. Three days ago he just stopped eating and I am wondering if he's going into hibernation?

fusionink

i've just noticed my guy doing the same thing the last few days he has been refusing his food and it's the same food he always eats and i can't figure out y i would also like to know some possibilitys on this cause i'm not likeing it he seems to be getting to skinny for my likeing if can't figure it out within a day or 2 he's going to the vet

cornking4

5 Year Member
One of the usual culprits is MBD due to lack of whole prey in the diet, which disrupts smooth muscle in the digestive system and causes appetite to decrease or stop. They could also just be warming up though.. either way, a vet visit is a good idea.

fusionink

hrm mbd? my guy eats whole prey every week full spectrum uv lighting i know they say the bulbs are good for 6 months mine get changed every 3 months i've seen what mbd does he doesn't seem to have the symptoms besides the not eating but i think a vet visit is in order just to be sure hopefully it's not the case.

cornking4

5 Year Member
I doubt your gu has it, I'm more concerned with One F's. Only ground turkey was mentioned and with its phosphorus content it causes MBD fast if fed exclusively.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu