• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baby Columbian always asleep

katie rodriguez

image.jpg
image.jpg
I have a baby Columbian that is very sweet already and never gives me any type of attitude when we pick him up. When in his terrarium (90 gal) he is almost always asleep under the bark. Is this normal? He loves to come out of the cage but it seems like the only time he is awake. He also likes to go to sleep a lot outside the terrarium, after holding him a little bit he usually crawls under a pillow or anything soft and falls asleep. I have heard columbian a do not usually hibernate, so I was wondering if this was normal behavior?

Jackie & Hellboy

If he is well fed then he probably has no other reasons to run around and explore. What are basking temps, ambient temps, and humidity?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Yeah what are his temperatures like? How many hours per day is he spending asleep?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu