• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Baking Cypress Mulch... For how long?

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
I'm preparing my set up before bringing Tegu home... I'm going to buy Cypress Mulch from garden center... How long should I bake it in the oven for and should I cover it with tin foil or leave it uncovered?
Obviously I'm baking it to kill any parasites or any other unwanted inhabitants...
Thanks.

-B

Beazer

5 Year Member
I do it at 250-275 for 15-20 minutes. Then I let it cool off and soak it to get it moist again. But thats my way, I am sure tehre are other just as affective ways of baking it?

-Jon DeLong

WHKRAZYK

5 Year Member
I cut little holes like the size of a quarter in the bottom of a 55 gallon tub, i put the mulch in that while the tub is on a flat surface, then pour boiling hot water over it, and let it sit for a few minutes, then I pick up the container and let it drain, its a little laborous, but it works

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029