• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Bearded Dragon Taming

adam1120

nope 100% full beefy male beardie model:D no allgator here:D

Attachments

• k1.jpg
    k1.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 7
  • k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 8

herpgirl2510

I suggested tong feeding because his beardie bites so he should start with tongs. I hand feed my beardies and tong feed my tegu and my savannah. You need to build trust now.

kellen.watkins

if im in a hurry i tong feed the beardie, tong feed insects to the tegu or when i first got him off a butterknife lol, 90% of the time i hand feed the beardie cause he has never missed lol

Dereks-Dragons

Haven't read this whole thread but, I breed Beardies. And have a lot of them. And yes some can have attitudes but I've never had to tame one lol. Taming a beardie just sounds a little silly to me I guess. Handle as Much as possible, of ne snapps at you don't just leave him Still take him out, otherwise he thinks that if he bites u wi never touch him. He needs to get over that thought and get used to people. I dis this with my iguanas and they were, well.. terrors but they are fine now, and now if they don't get out each day they get Pissy cuz they like being out now :b

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You know, beardies have gotten a bit weird. When I strated out with beardies 10 years ago, I had Sandfires and they were really sweet from the get go. I have the third generation female from my first pair and she is still a sweetie. So I bought a new gorgeous red male for her. Let me tell you, he is the devil!!! My teen daughters have grown up around reptiles and they are scared to get him out of the cage. When he was little, he would charge you, hiss, and bite. Now he's just a bit weird, but will display if he feels a bit threatened. I did hand feed him, even when he was aggressive. Beardies are so visual that they seem to look first before they grab. I wouldn't feed something little, but a leafy green or something easy. Then when I held him, I tried to grip him as little as possible and let him just perch on me. Letting him free roam was hard because he sprinted across the room and I was chasing him. That was scary and ended each handling session on a bad note. Overall, he did get better in his second year.

Neeko

They squirm the whole time while I hold them. I jsut let them run to each of my hand and then they stop for a min then do the same thing again. It's a work in progress.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erectus