• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Better to have one or two

brianratm

5 Year Member
I'm a teacher and because of the snow I was off from work today and got a chance to observe my newly purchased baby tegu during the day. It was really active. Is it better to have them live alone or with another? It definitely wanted my company and attention would another one satify that need?

Tux

5 Year Member
In many cases 2 can get along just fine but aggression issues can also arise. Another tegu would not fill the desire for human contact but as I said it can go either way. You will also need to feed them separately if you do decide to go that route.

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
and if its male female they will only be good together for so long, once sexually mature i strongly dont recommend them living together, only being together when its breeding time. then again all tegus very from tegu to tegu and it could always work, just depends on the animal...like tux said deff feed them seperate there will be LOTS of competetion for food if they are fed together

Bentley83

5 Year Member
Well my tegus are together right now and they seem to be doing just fine. But im keeping a close eye on them so nothing goes wrong. I see some breeding behavior in the male and I have not seen it in awhile, so, I might seperate them, but I will have to see and play it by year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980