• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

BLUE TEGU'S HAVE FINALLY HATCHED!!!!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
8. 1 seems to have a kink in it's spine and another is a bit smaller than the rest, so they will be held back for a while to see how they do.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
New pics of hatchlings

Here's some new pics of the hatchlings from the first bin. Some of them still need to have their first shed.

IMG_3132_.jpg

IMG_3135_.jpg

IMG_3136_.jpg

IMG_3137_.jpg

Pile O' Tegu's!
IMG_3141_.jpg

2nd bin. Notice how most of these have thicker gold bands.
Kinky on the upper left and the smaller one on the lower right.
IMG_3144_.jpg

IMG_3151_.jpg

IMG_3153_.jpg

Kinky!
IMG_3149_.jpg

Meg90

5 Year Member
If Kinky and the small one do OK are they still going to be sold? For a lower rate maybe? I would be interested in a special needs gu. I'm sure they would still make great pets.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We'll see what happens. They'll get some extra attention for now. My wife wanted to kill me when I sold the "runt" last year, he was a great looking Tegu!!

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Beautiful lookin guys... the huntch back does look cute there. Hope the two special guys turn out as stunning at the last one!

reptileszz

5 Year Member
The kinked one will probably make a great pet for someone so long as they don't breed it. I have a mad kinked ball python here I got from a breeder that would have put him down if I didnt take him. He eats, poops, etc and could be fine. He is way kinkier than the kinked tegu and he makes a good pet. :)

Carole

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I saw the small one eat a cricket this morning!!! I wake them up from under the newspaper and throw the crickets in. They're starting to poop!!! Then I have to change out the newspaper every night. That way they get handled a few times per day. Some are very easy to handle, a couple aren't so sure.

Jer723

5 Year Member
congrats Dave!!!! im so excited for you. ive been so busy. it must be fun to have baby gus running around, my babies have been in hibernation for 2 months already.

Turbine

5 Year Member
Cali 202 said:
The kinked one is adorable. They look great, cant wait to get mine =]

I agree, there is something really cute about Kinky.
Maybe I have a thing for "special" blues. My rescue was in bad shape when I got him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980