• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Blue Tegu's locked and loaded !!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
We brought the 2 Blue Tegu's and the big Red outside this afternoon for some sun. The 2 Blues went to each other and for the first time the female looked interested. After sniffing around for a few minutes they locked!!!

IMG_0893_.jpg

IMG_0895_.jpg

I'll be sending the wife out for a Hobivator, perlite, vermiculite and a thermostat tomorrow!!! I'll be calling Bobby tonight!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'm hoping she has eggs to be fertilized, otherwise this is just practice. We've gotta be set up just in case she lays.

This is gonna be nuts!!! I've got (3) 2 month old Beardies coming Tuesday!!!

hoosier

5 Year Member
Dave if you do get hatchlings put me on the list! :-D i love the blues but they are really hard to find for a desent price. lol
and how big is your male?

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow! Congrats, I am totally stoked for you! lol Keep a log of everything and report back to us :)

teguazul77

5 Year Member
Congrats Dave !!! I wish you the best .... if you get babies let me know . my female blue still chunky and i felt a few bumps on her belly , im waiting but , i dont have time to keep an eye on them during the day , right now with all the work that its going on at the park so i dont know if they are planning on making some babies or not .... Question >>>>>> Do females Tegus can store sperm like snakes do ????? ... 8) 8) 8)

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
teguazul77 said:
Congrats Dave !!! I wish you the best .... if you get babies let me know . my female blue still chunky and i felt a few bumps on her belly , im waiting but , i dont have time to keep an eye on them during the day , right now with all the work that its going on at the park so i dont know if they are planning on making some babies or not .... Question >>>>>> Do females Tegus can store sperm like snakes do ????? ... 8) 8) 8)
Keep up the great work!! You guys have done a great job!! I'll post pics soon, so much to do!

I don't know if they can store sperm.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
hoosier said:
Dave if you do get hatchlings put me on the list! :-D i love the blues but they are really hard to find for a desent price. lol
and how big is your male?
He's 3.5 feet, average for a Blue, but a little thin. He's always on the move.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bobby suggested they get together a couple more times so my wife will do that today, if the female is willing. She will also be getting the stuff needed to build a incubator, and a piece of plywood & hay for a nest. She had build a mound of mulch last week so she may be close to dropping the eggs. She hasn't eaten much in the last 2 weeks. She's always been a little chunky but if we see her suddenly thinner we'll know she layed.

So much to do, so little time!!! Baby Beardies coming tomorrow, t-shirts to ship, and that work thing taking up all my time!!!

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
My wife brought them outside again today and they did it twice!! The last time for quite a while. They were outside for a couple of hours. The poor male has rubbed his nose raw trying to get out of his enclosure to get to her again! Maybe they can do it again tomorrow.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Why don't you keep them together?
They've never been together unsupervised. Last year she bullied him every time they met. I know, things are different now, but we don't want to risk either one of them doing some damage to each other.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu