• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeder Of Blue's ???

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
got10 said:
But what I find very contradictory, is the fact the AA's are intentionally bred with blue blood as an integral part of the equation . And if inbreeding is the issue with the blues , would it not also be with the extremes being they are only bred from the limited stock that he owns . And from what I see he has no problem selling them .

I believe he has no issue with it because it's a blue tegu that has been outcrossed twice before creating the all americans. He got a healthy red/blue hybrid and bred it to an extreme giant. I think Bobby's biggest issue with the blues is the founding stock is from a rather small gene pool and there's little to no evidence of further importations. It's the same for the extremes but I think Bobby has a several more years of breeding them before he runs out of pairing options to keep from having to inbreed. You'll have to do a search to find what his plans are after that - I believe he said he was going to start breeding extremes with regular B&Ws at that point to keep the gene pool strong but don't quote me on that.

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I really dont think bobby is anti blue, from his past posts and general discussions i think his main problem was with the inbreeding and people not keeping records of lineage, which contributed greatly to the inbreeding,with the giants he breeds the same pairs season after season, btw the whole aa breeding was not a mistake, it was his intentions to breed them,why idk possibly to breed a highest of high white tegus

I really dont think bobby is anti blue, from his past posts and general discussions i think his main problem was with the inbreeding and people not keeping records of lineage, which contributed greatly to the inbreeding,with the giants he breeds the same pairs season after season, btw the whole aa breeding was not a mistake, it was his intentions to breed them,why idk possibly to breed a highest of high white tegus

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Only one person can clear this up,.. but he didn't plan for the first clutch to happen that soon. I do remember Bobby saying that the female some how got into blizzards pin. He had planned on doing it anyway but she beat him to it. There was confusion about it when the first clutch was born.

I can't find the post where he said it but I know I'm not the only one who thought the same thing.

http://thetegu.com/showthread.php?9163-Future-of-tegu-breeding/page2

and this post was just a couple of months before they were born.

http://www.tegutalk.com/showthread.php?tid=6093&page=2#axzz1gNJ3c9N3

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I remember that post, its a bit confusing but i dont remember anything from bobby just other members

chriswizz

5 Year Member
all these posts were very interesting, so correct me if im wrong, only a handfull of blues were origionally obtained in the states on record only, surely they arnt the only fiew originals in existance, as 100 blue tegs were imported from argantina to the u.k this year, surely they arnt all from the same pool, they are getting pretty common here, but if they were hybridised with a black & whites how would anyone ever know, one or two of these animals showed some strong red specles too so is there red in there too. all i know is the ones i saw were in awsome shape & stunning,no defects. blues hybrids or not they all have the blue carracteristics. or does the u.k have access to tegues that the us dont.

Bri.

5 Year Member
Hi guys.
Just recently joined the forum.
Bit curious about the 100 eggs shipped to the UK. I'm in the UK and haven't heard anything about this. Anyone know who the eggs went to ???? People over here are desperate to get their hands on blues.

chriswizz said:
all these posts were very interesting, so correct me if im wrong, only a handfull of blues were origionally obtained in the states on record only, surely they arnt the only fiew originals in existance, as 100 blue tegs were imported from argantina to the u.k this year, surely they arnt all from the same pool, they are getting pretty common here, but if they were hybridised with a black & whites how would anyone ever know, one or two of these animals showed some strong red specles too so is there red in there too. all i know is the ones i saw were in awsome shape & stunning,no defects. blues hybrids or not they all have the blue carracteristics. or does the u.k have access to tegues that the us dont.

got10

I was not aware of any mass shipping of reptile eggs over seas. I don't risk moving any eggs from room to room let alone a trans atlantic flight . Has anybody seen these lizards or the eggs .
chriswizz said:

Post pics or the source of your info . Anyone whom has ever owne reptiles knows you dont move eggs . Jarring trhem can cause the babies to drown in vitro. So I doubt this even occurred . I asked around in about every forum I belong to and they ALL said the same thing I did

Bri.

5 Year Member
Plus I doubt any one with that many blues could keep it quiet over here. Part of the reason I joined the forum was to try to find someone who was willing to export to the UK, or a dealer who comes across to Germany for the reptile shows.

solid

Bri. said:
Plus I doubt any one with that many blues could keep it quiet over here. Part of the reason I joined the forum was to try to find someone who was willing to export to the UK, or a dealer who comes across to Germany for the reptile shows.

They were shipped from Brazil (CF) to Germany and then a large bunch ended up in the UK - I assume collected from Hamm or similar. I have 2 myself from that shipment that I purchased form someone in the UK.

The CITIES paperwork had them down as B&W's but they are clearly blues so either someone took a risk or got very lucky.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
Bri. said:
Hi guys.
Bit curious about the 100 eggs shipped to the UK. I'm in the UK and haven't heard anything about this. Anyone know who the eggs went to ???? People over here are desperate to get their hands on blues.

chriswizz said:
all i know is most of them seem to be around the mansfield area, wheather thay all stayed there im not to sure, i got mine from wharf aquatics near derby, they still have three little ones left. the other one i got from mansfield, i heard how sort after they were so snapped a couple up. the manager at wharf told me that these blues came in a crate of 100 from a farm in argantina, he said there all chipped, so in the summer i intend to take them to a vet & have them scanned, to see what info is on there, ie birth date, farm, and or wheather there true blues or crosses. hope this helps you in your search, wharf also has a medium sized red in & a huge black & white if your interested.

wil said:
He forgot the "u". It should have read "tegus" instead of tegs.

chriswizz said:
Bri. said:
Hi guys.

chriswizz said:
all i know is most of them seem to be around the mansfield area, wheather thay all stayed there im not to sure, i got mine from wharf aquatics near derby, they still have three little ones left. the other one i got from mansfield, i heard how sort after they were so snapped a couple up. the manager at wharf told me that these blues came in a crate of 100 from a farm in argantina, he said there all chipped, so in the summer i intend to take them to a vet & have them scanned, to see what info is on there, ie birth date, farm, and or wheather there true blues or crosses. hope this helps you in your search, wharf also has a medium sized red in & a huge black & white if your interested.
also for any one in the u.k who keeps tegus or tegs as i like to call them
there is a group on facebook called tegu u.k a friend recently created, it would be great to get some more u.k owners on board.

solid

chriswizz said:
Bri. said:
Hi guys.

chriswizz said:

wil said:
He forgot the "u". It should have read "tegus" instead of tegs.

chriswizz said:
Bri. said:
Hi guys.

chriswizz said:
also for any one in the u.k who keeps tegus or tegs as i like to call them
there is a group on facebook called tegu u.k a friend recently created, it would be great to get some more u.k owners on board.

Maybe these were different shipments then as I was given a copy of the CITIES paperwork with mine and it was def Brazil to Germany, not Argentina.

Mine came from a bit further north than that and were collected from Germany by the seller but there were def a bunch the area you speak of that got sold as B&W's until someone realised.

There is someone on here who got one from that shop and only paid for a b&W, about £200-250 I think he said on another thread.

Bri.

5 Year Member
Sounds like there were two shipments coming out of South American with blues !!! At this rate you can forget the small gene pool problem !!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Bri. said:
Sounds like there were two shipments coming out of South American with blues !!! At this rate you can forget the small gene pool problem !!

At least in the UK you can.

Bri.

5 Year Member
If they are making their way into the EU then I'm sure they are (or will be) making their way into the US, either directly or indirectly via European dealers.

chriswizz

5 Year Member
yea the ones i braught were marked up as b&ws and no ididnt mss out the lack & hite wil ha ha. they were both £250 fom 2 different shops, dont know how much a normal b&w retais for here as havnt seen a young one for sale yet. i must of got into the hobby just at the right time, like i said theres still 3 left at wharf aquatics so youd better be quick, who knows there might not be any more imported for a long while.

Bri.

5 Year Member
Just reserved the last one at wharf. They had two left yesterday, but someone beat me to it :(
Now all I have to do is get the thing down to the other end of the country !!!

chriswizz

5 Year Member
Bri. said:
Just reserved the last one at wharf. They had two left yesterday, but someone beat me to it :(
Now all I have to do is get the thing down to the other end of the country !!!
Glad you managed to reserve one, they were all stunning there was a lovely one with red specles down his/her flanks, think it was a boy, he was a bit fisty though, where abouts are you north or south.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980