• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Breeding Season? Egg Laying Season?

carcharios

5 Year Member
I introduced Frieda to Kimo around mid to late May. They've been copulating for quite some time - probably started around early to mid June. This being the case, when would she lay eggs? If not given proper nesting material, will she just deposit them anywhere in her cage? I am moving them into their kennel enclosure this Sunday but wanted to know just in case she needs to lay them before she's moved into a more adequate enclosure with soil, etc.

Also, what will happen if she doesn't lay eggs? How do I know if she's pregnant or not and what would happen if the temps start cooling off come late Sept / earl Oct. and she hibernates without laying her eggs? Will she do this or is in instinctive to deposit the eggs prior to hibernation / brumation?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu