• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Buried herself?

hppel

Hey guys, last Sunday, I bought my first Tegu at a Reptile Show up in Orlando, I'll do an introduction for her when I actually get pictures.. Basically, she's buried herself underneath her substrate, and will not leave. I've been using the t-shirt in cage method, and on Monday my dad saw her "investigating" my t-shirt, but since I'm at school I haven't seen her, besides seeing her digging around under the mulch... I've left her alone, with every attempt with trying to find where she is being met by hissing, and I didn't want to stress her out more. That also means I have no idea when the last time she ate was, and its probably been at least 3 days. Should I continue to wait until she comes out on her own, or try to feed her? Should have said this earlier, but she is around 8 months old.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Slowly reduce the light cycle, offer fresh water everyday incase he/she comes up. Personally, I don't like nor recommend stopping or shortening the hibernation cycle. I let my tegus do their own thing.

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Or she could just be getting used to her new home. My Zilla burried herself for a few days before poking her head out and starting to explore. After that she came out fairly regularly. But I did bribe her by dangleing crickets in front of her while she was in her hide, which really got her out of hideing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont