• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

came home to a loose tegu

BillieJeAn

some of the kids must have messed with him while i was gone, he's not in his cage. what can i do? im freaking out pretty bad right now:huh:

hoosier

5 Year Member
take some deep breaths and relax for a second :)
now look under couches, and everywhere where he could have squeezed into. check everywhere and try to comb the area.
he will turn up :)

jerobi2k

set up his heat lamp outsde the enclosure with a basking spot and some of his favorite food, sit back and wait for him to come out. also peek around every nook and cranny with a flash light. good luck Bj.

jerobi2k

who knows, alot of time when they find a warm spot close to where they snuck out of they dont roam very far. my gUs like it under dressers, TV stand and mostly any place that they can fit snug under. its possible he didnt make it all the way to the door. best of luck!

BillieJeAn

babyyitslove said:
I hope you find that crazy little Guy. We just finished his mansion today =0(

im so upset because i was so happy for him to go to you guys, im looking for him, and i set out food and a basking light. i hope he didnt get outiside :/

update: after a scared mom helping me out and about to cry when he ran towards her, a wrecked room, and a lot of bite marks. Obi has been captured!!!! :D

BillieJeAn

i was so scared!!

sad thing is i was making a bit of progress with him, now he attacks his water dish when i set it in there :(

ClockworkCarrion

lol i know this is an older post but my guy escaped not long ago also. he was only a foot away from his cage underneath a sack i had on the floor. i noticed any reptiles ive had that managed to escape were still very close to the cage and under or inside something. its a good thing im messy, no one has to go far to find a place to hide lol.

i bet it would be worse if the place was spotless, probably go further to find a place to hide. so far ive found lizards in a shoe, under a sack, under my dresser, and in the closet. an escaped lizard isnt so bad, but when i had any rodents escape GEEZ those things are evil. a rat went into the air/heating vents of the house... that was fun. i cought the little b*tch going back to her cage taking her babies and trying to bring them into the walls. thats all id need, 9 baby rats loose in my walls that would just get big n breed. she was pretty mad when i cought her and threw her in a 55 gallon aquarium with no way to escape, lol.

BillieJeAn

He was literally three feet away. IN MY COUCH! Not under it, but in it. Catching him was a hassle because he's such a butt. Rubber gloves and a towel lol.

I used to have a hamster who learned how to open her cage, she never went far, always to her bag of food lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029