• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

caught some snakes

today i was out looking for reptiles and i found one baby copperhead (i didnt grab him) a baby ringneck snake and 3 worm snakes i did relese them afterwards but it felt cool to catch that many

Orion

5 Year Member
Monstruo - Where in Va are you?

I got my first Box Turtle of the season this afternoon. Male sub-adult.

i live in the matoaca area kind of in the woods
Bntegus said:
thats cool i always try to catch the little fence lizards there hard to catch fast little boggers lol
yeah they are but there always on my house when i least expect them

frost

1,000+ Post Club
there mostly garden snakes aorund here, but i did see one MI rattler once. garden snakes are gross every time i pick one up they crap all over me....

Compnerd7

Okay I don't mean to be a jerk here, but there is no such thing as a Garden Snake, that is just a common name for any harmless snake. You more then like likely have Garter Snakes, a common misunderstanding because they sound the same. That is just a little pet peeve I have when anyone says Garden Snake lol. I have the same pet peeve when people say something is "poisonous", when it is actually "venomous".

Monstro, You should have snapped some pics! I would have really liked to see some worm snakes, we don't have them where I live.

I use to think that Fence Lizards were the fastest lizards on Earth... Then I went to the desert and tried to catch Desert Iguanas, Leopard Lizards, Zebra-Tailed Lizards, Chuckwallas, and Greater Earless Lizard.. Holy crap those guys are as fast as lightning! Luckily the Desert Iguanas are large enough to track down and tire out. The Chuckwallas are the same way, but all the others are a 2 man job haha.

Compnerd7 said:
Okay I don't mean to be a jerk here, but there is no such thing as a Garden Snake, that is just a common name for any harmless snake. You more then like likely have Garter Snakes, a common misunderstanding because they sound the same. That is just a little pet peeve I have when anyone says Garden Snake lol. I have the same pet peeve when people say something is "poisonous", when it is actually "venomous".

Monstro, You should have snapped some pics! I would have really liked to see some worm snakes, we don't have them where I live.

I use to think that Fence Lizards were the fastest lizards on Earth... Then I went to the desert and tried to catch Desert Iguanas, Leopard Lizards, Zebra-Tailed Lizards, Chuckwallas, and Greater Earless Lizard.. Holy crap those guys are as fast as lightning! Luckily the Desert Iguanas are large enough to track down and tire out. The Chuckwallas are the same way, but all the others are a 2 man job haha.

o worm snakes are so boring when youve been catching them every year over and over and over again

Compnerd7

lol I bet they are, just like Pacific Gopher Snakes are here, but I bet people who live in Argentina think it's boring to catch Tegus every year, day after day :p

Compnerd7

monstruo-the-tegu said:
that is actually true to but dont gopher snakes get some what big like 2 ft
worm snakes stay like 4 inches

Haha true true... Gopher Snakes I believe are the largest snakes in The United States reaching over 7 feet. Largest I have caught were 5-6 feet. My brother swears on his life that when he was 16, he saw a 10-12 footer. It's possible, just hard to believe him hah.

yeah we got the black racer which get like 5-6feet but there are the rumors that there are black ratsnake x copperheads in the woods. like when i was 7 we caught a mean black racer so i was little and started poking the glass he then starts opening his mouth and it looks like fangs but i think to this day it was just my eyes

frost

1,000+ Post Club
haha i didnt even realize i typed that haha. thanks for correcting that anyways compnerd7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029