• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Cayman Hybrid Iguana, Buzz - Update

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
He weighs 19lbs now. Here are a few pics, it's kind of raining so they're not the greatest.

[attachment=5519]
[attachment=5520]
[attachment=5521]
[attachment=5522]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419164.402619.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419164.402619.jpg
    277.2 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419204.121133.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419204.121133.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 8
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419191.105318.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419191.105318.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 12
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419178.506624.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350419178.506624.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 9

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
DavidRosi said:
Beautiful ! How's his temperament?

Tame as a little rabbit. Only downside is he tears my legs apart when I get in his cage, he tries climbing up me so that I'd hold him.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Looking good. He is showing some nice Cayman traits in those pics.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Looking good. He is showing some nice Cayman traits in those pics.

Thanks James. He finally got through a complete shed and is going into another. He's my beast!

RobK.

TeguBuzz said:
He weighs 19lbs now. Here are a few pics, it's kind of raining so they're not the greatest.

very good , he's looking SOOOOOO nice , better each day

you sure can't beet having them outside all the time . i dare ya to post these pick and say how old he is and how big he is on K. S. forum , you will be told he's WAY older , he CANT be that big , no way , just can't be , never seen one grow that fast . I know i posted the latest pick of mine and got slammed . Next thing you know all the BIg breeders are ganging up on ya . Boy its Not like i gave mine steroids or anything !! Every time some one has a Rock iguana that's growing fast , they call them out . I need to weight mine sometime . he's 46'' but no clue what he weighs . ????

I am done with that forum just too many ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJXN12189A&list=UURYBDYZZ4Zr7EYLOgGSsuQQ&index=12&feature=plcp

TeguBuzz said:

dang look at the base of his tail , i bet tail weighs 16 lbs . LOL LOL its fat !!!

he's so cool !!

TeguBuzz said:
DavidRosi said:

Tame as a little rabbit. Only downside is he tears my legs apart when I get in his cage, he tries climbing up me so that I'd hold him.

I had to trim Roni's nails . i was suprised that he just stood on top of his cage and let me do it . until the next to last whe i cut too short and hurt him , so i need to do those two soon . how about putting a big slab of rock in you enclosure on a angle where he has to climb to his food , but slips a little as he goes .

Wow its 1;15 am , i better TRY to go to sleep , see a buzz . nice job on your Rock !!!

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I don't think it's unhealthy for them to grow fast. Both of yours seem not only healthy but legitimately thriving. I've always been interested in Cyclura, but until I can provide the quality of care that you guys do I'm holding off.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
RobK. said:
TeguBuzz said:

very good , he's looking SOOOOOO nice , better each day

you sure can't beet having them outside all the time . i dare ya to post these pick and say how old he is and how big he is on K. S. forum , you will be told he's WAY older , he CANT be that big , no way , just can't be , never seen one grow that fast . I know i posted the latest pick of mine and got slammed . Next thing you know all the BIg breeders are ganging up on ya . Boy its Not like i gave mine steroids or anything !! Every time some one has a Rock iguana that's growing fast , they call them out . I need to weight mine sometime . he's 46'' but no clue what he weighs . ????

I am done with that forum just too many ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJXN12189A&list=UURYBDYZZ4Zr7EYLOgGSsuQQ&index=12&feature=plcp

TeguBuzz said:

dang look at the base of his tail , i bet tail weighs 16 lbs . LOL LOL its fat !!!

he's so cool !!

TeguBuzz said:
DavidRosi said:

I had to trim Roni's nails . i was suprised that he just stood on top of his cage and let me do it . until the next to last whe i cut too short and hurt him , so i need to do those two soon . how about putting a big slab of rock in you enclosure on a angle where he has to climb to his food , but slips a little as he goes .

Wow its 1;15 am , i better TRY to go to sleep , see a buzz . nice job on your Rock !!!

Haha, yea I'd rather save myself the headache and stay awa from the KS forums for now. Housing him outdoors has been nothing more than great and he seems to be loving it. His nails aren't all that sharp, theyre dulled out but still cause damage whenever he tries crawling up me due to his sheer size and weight, lol. All in all, hes doing great!

TegusRawsome80 said:
I don't think it's unhealthy for them to grow fast. Both of yours seem not only healthy but legitimately thriving. I've always been interested in Cyclura, but until I can provide the quality of care that you guys do I'm holding off.

Much appreciated, I hope some time in the future you are able to keep one, they are amazing!

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Some more pics from today.

[attachment=5528]
[attachment=5530]
[attachment=5531]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503639.024535.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503639.024535.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503622.237138.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503622.237138.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 4
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503605.352818.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503605.352818.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 6
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503573.594332.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350503573.594332.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 3

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Do you have a basking light set up for him or do you just use the sun?

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
james.w said:
Do you have a basking light set up for him or do you just use the sun?

None setup as of yet, I'd have to set one up if temps get lower than usual. I built the enclosure in the sunniest part of the yard that still has some shade spots in certain areas. Basking temps are spot on, sometimes higher or lower but always pretty close. The coldest it ever gets here in low 60's, and even then there's still a whole lot of strong sunlight. When winter rolls around I may have to set up an indoor enclosure in my garage for him to live in a heated area just to take precautions, but for now, he seems to be doing great. Any tips on a temp indoor type large scale enclosure would be much appreciated James.

Thanks

rhetoricx said:
ugh, so envious

Your Eddie will get there soon enough Lex! Trust me!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I have seen some pretty cool PVC pipe and garden fence or chicken wire indoor setups. Dog runs work well too if temps aren't too low in the garage.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think a dog run would be a rather easy way to go with it. Garage temps don't get low at all seeing that the whole thing is heated, all I'd have to do is set up some heat and UVB lamps/bulbs and it should all work. Thanks for the tips.

RobK.

TegusRawsome80 said:

i sure haven't planed on him growing fast for sure . In time i have had him i have spent over 900 .oo in the two cages . I though for sure his first cage would last him at least a year , nope . All i give him is collard greens , mustard greens , water cres , green beans , snap peas , cactus leaves and fruit , a soaked dried fig , papaya , and 6 Masuri TC . a day . all staple item except the Mazuri Tc . i sprinkle ground up Zoomed and rep-cal iguana food over the moistened mazuri TC and spray it with a little water . Calcium every other day , no D3 now he growth has slowed down . Now that he in for the winter i do give him calcium with D3 once a week . I don't think Buzz lasted 6 months in his first cage did he Tegubuzz ??

My iguana has a small outdoor enclose that's against the south side of our house near the end of winter when it start to get inthe 59's . i cover the back and sides with dark cloth that draws the heat , the shale tile on the bottom of the cage is black . That tile can get cooking even in the winter . We also have a green out that i will move the cage into , that get very warm , I put a 10.0 zoo med over the top for UVB and one small basking tight , Roni and i with both hang out in there in the winter , we crew lettuce in the green house most of the winter last year , we had a cold frame in the green out ,

nothing fancy right now , three 30x30 x 18'' spliced together so its 90'' long

Ronioutsidejpg.jpg

when it get real cold it goes in here (see Below ) so i try to give him natural sun light as much as i can , he's never alone out there during the winter , i try to enjoy the sun and heat with him , its safer for him with me there . i will take a nap in the green house , our winters can bee long . we have lawn chairs i put in there . it can be 90 deg in there in a 35-45 deg day when its sunny . a vent on top opens at automatic at around 85 deg . No problem keepin g green house warm , keeping it coll enough is the problem .

nest week we will be removing all the plants then roni's cage will go inside . for humidity all i have to do is wet down the floor . i rum a 125 ' cord to the green house for the UVB lights .

IMG_4972.jpg

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
[attachment=5539]
[attachment=5540]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350590980.493067.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350590980.493067.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 5
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350590997.026158.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350590997.026158.jpg