• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan tegu growth rate...

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0934.jpg

IMG_0933.jpg

IMG_0932.jpg

Ripper has grown another 2 inches, but I noticed some skin scrapes on his face the other day and nose rub so I put some neosporin on it and hope it heals nicely.

shabazz

5 Year Member
mine still not eating that much, i just looked at my last post on here and he was 14in now hes 15in

olympus

5 Year Member
IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

These are recent pics of my chacoan I got last year from Bobby, and the last one is when I first got him.

Beasty

5 Year Member
"Hand dagger" solution= "Pet-i-cure" once every couple weeks.
Belle was awesome about it. She's due again now and I have as of yet to try the others. I hardly notice on my hands and arms any more but when they want to sit on your shoulder and scrape your neck, that hurts!

olympus

5 Year Member
Anyone who has one knows that their nails are like razor blades. Even when he was smaller his nails dug into my skin. They hurt like hell.

DaveDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jer723 said:
hey dave? when should you start trimming the nails?
It's probably hard to hold one as small as yours and trim his mails. Give him some large rocks to climb on, that'll wear them down. We only cut off the pointy tip of the nail, if you look carefully you'll be able to see the "quick" of the nail, which is the blood vessel. You don't want to cut back that far. There nothing more fun than chasing a scared bleeding lizard all over your house!!

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It's amazing what 1 year of growth can do to those cute little things, especially since they hibernate almost half of the year :) .. I remember your tegu fought hibernation a bit longer than some of the others, how long did he end up going down for? Reguardless, he's a beast, looking great!

redlizard5

5 Year Member
Nice pics
I just picked up a pair of Extremes from a fella that due to the economy lost his job and had to part with his animals .
I handle them everyday for about 30 mins each. the female is an 08 and the male is an 07 .So far they eat whatever i put in front of them roaches crickets superworms chicken,,,, hearts, livers and gizards. Fruit of all kinds. they dont miss a meal and are steadily growing and are taming out very well.
1.1 white headed tegu
1.o red tegu
2.1.3 crested geckos
1.1 egyptian uros
1.1 leos
0.1 res
0.0.1 western hog
5.0 corn snakes

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads