• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Chacoan White Giant name change.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
After much thought, I am changing the name on these tegus. Just for the record I have never called them Chacoan white Heads I have always called them Chacoan white giants. But to save argument over the differences I am going to change the name to Extreme Giants. Then no one can profit off the name or try to say they have the same animals. I am the only breeder of these; there are no others that I know of in the pet trade. If someone claims to breed them and to have babies for sale, then ask to see pictures of the offspring. If they look like normal Argentines they will not be these true Giant tegus.

As many of you know I also have the same animals they call Chacoan white heads, IMO they are nothing but a lighter normal, I have never charged more on them and they are sold at normal prices.

The V marking under the chin, as well as the creamy peach coloring can identify extreme Giants, or Chacoan white giants. Although it could be found on a rare occasion in the normal Argentines, However, all of the Giants have these markings that I have looked at. Normal white heads do not show these traits; also the Extreme Giants are much larger animals as adults, these are the largest tegus in the world that are found in the pet trade.

Also the white head colored tegus are found through out the range where the normal darker colored are, not just the Chaco region.

Note the V under the jowl.

DSCN1729-1.jpg

Note the peachy cream coloring.

CreamAAA.jpg

GroupChacos.jpg

Creamside.jpg

This coloring can also be seen in the Adults.

Note the peachy cream color on the head of this male.

DSCF0052.jpg

NewTegusR-6.jpg

This is also found in the females.

DSCF0039.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF00152.jpg

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Those tegus look HUGE. So the "Extreme Giants" are born without the green heads? Could you post a pic of an Argentine with a Chacoan so I could really see the size difference? Have you ever bred a Chacoan with an Argentine?

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
No they have green heads, they just turn creamy soon after the green start to fade.

DSCN1351.jpg

DSCN1390.jpg

Chacohatchsm.jpg

DSCN1539.jpg

DSCN1757-1.jpg

DSCN1768sm.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mike said:
Those tegus look HUGE. So the "Extreme Giants" are born without the green heads? Could you post a pic of an Argentine with a Chacoan so I could really see the size difference? Have you ever bred a Chacoan with an Argentine?

Here is an adult male Argentine black n white normal and an Extreme Giant,

DSCF0053.jpg

This is them on a 10 inch tile floor.

ZuesandIce.jpg

And a male Giant a female Giant and a normal Argentine BnW male. Notice how the female is as large as the normal male.

DSCF0059.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh and I have never crossed them yet, they are pure. I will be crossing them in six years when needed to do so. It will be three years before these will be old enough to breed. I held back 3 males from one pair and 3 females from the other pair. They will be bred together in three years and will not be related. When the offspring from them are old enough to breed in three more years, or six years down the road I will cross those with the real high white I am selectively breeding for in my normals.

Mike

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Wow, thanks for the pics Bobby. I'll probably be breeding soon, if I get the room I might get a few Chacoans\extremes, they are my new "dream lizard." :D Do they get along well with Argentines? Anything else special I should know about them?

Thanks, as always. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
They are very massive, they get over 60 inches or over 5ft and way over 20lbs.

DSCN0705SM.jpg

ICE.jpg

Chacoset.jpg

NewTegusR-2.jpg

NewTegusR.jpg

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Mike said:
Wow, thanks for the pics Bobby. I'll probably be breeding soon, if I get the room I might get a few Chacoans\extremes, they are my new "dream lizard." :D Do they get along well with Argentines? Anything else special I should know about them?

Thanks, as always. :)

You bet ya, they can eat a bunch!! LOL :lol: :lol: J/K

Thanks for the awesome comments!! :wink:

teguboy77

5 Year Member
Mn i wish i had a chacoan damn lol,they are awsome and those picture say it all, you are the only person i 've ever seen with those extreme giants keep up the great work. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
dorton said:
Nice looking group. But you make it difficult to decide what to get next!

Man, I am sorry, but I know what my favorite is. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And thanks a bunch Teguboy77. :)

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is some of the normal white heads; they do not look anything close to the Giants. They lack the color, the V under the chin and the extreme size that the Giants possess.

female2_017.jpg

DSCN1509.jpg

DSCN1515.jpg

DSCN2053.jpg

DSCN2031.jpg

greentriple

5 Year Member
Bobby,

either one is an exemplary animal. You do a great job and I personally appreciate your clarification and placing all cards on the table (honesty) my only regret is that I did not know of you before I picked up my buddy "El Che".

Keep up the great work.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks guy for the awesome comments, I am doing the very best I can to have the nicest tegus on the market. :wink:

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Jaw dropping COOL@##@!!! Keep up the great work!! Somewhere down the line I hope to get an Extreme!!!

RehabRalphy

5 Year Member
PuffDragon said:
Jaw dropping COOL@##@!!! Keep up the great work!! Somewhere down the line I hope to get an Extreme!!!

I'm not quite sure if this is the same person, but when I joined RZ in 2004, I do remember meeting you on the site under the bearded dragons.

If its not you, oh well. WELCOME TO THE SITE THOUGH!

Its good to see familiar faces. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980