• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

columban tegu

pauljr456

5 Year Member
i bought a baby tegu thinking it was an argentine but it turns out it was a columbian tegu extreamly calm but i spent 170$ on him and im extreamly mad and frustraited and if anyone would want to trade for a argentine plz let me know i am heart broken about this

m3s4

Doh! Sorry to hear that you didn't get what you wanted, but not to worry.

Colombians imo, make just as decent pets as the argentines. Depending on the individual animal itself, perhaps better.

I'm fortunate enough to have both, and I enjoy them all equally the same, but I have a tendency to like that little extra attitude colombians bring to the table and as a result, I'm pretty biased now towards colombians - and I originally only wanted a B&W like you.

Despite paying $150 for a colombian, (I did the same thing two weeks ago when I bought Tai my new colombian) you should keep in mind it is a life we're talking about - his. Actually this new colombian I have I would have easily spent $250 for. So far, he's the coolest tegu I've had.

That being said, I think your new found colombian buddy will give you waaaaaaaaaaaay more then a $150 worth of enjoyment over the course of its' life if you opt to keep him (I hope you do).

Colombians are down right bad-ass awesome, and aside from a little attitude and smaller size, there's only a few subtle differences.

Don't give up on the little guy because he isn't a B&W - if you give him the same exact amount of attention you were willing to give the B&W I guarantee you will be happy with the outcome, and possibly change your mind completely about them in general. I know the colombians I have changed my mind completely.

And yes, they can get dog tame.

Gratz on your new tegu.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
m3s4 said:

Colombians imo, make just as decent pets as the argentines. Depending on the individual animal itself, perhaps better.

I'm fortunate enough to have both, and I enjoy them all equally the same, but I have a tendency to like that little extra attitude colombians bring to the table and as a result, I'm pretty biased now towards colombians - and I originally only wanted a B&W like you.

Despite paying $150 for a colombian, (I did the same thing two weeks ago when I bought Tai my new colombian) you should keep in mind it is a life we're talking about - his. Actually this new colombian I have I would have easily spent $250 for. So far, he's the coolest tegu I've had.

That being said, I think your new found colombian buddy will give you waaaaaaaaaaaay more then a $150 worth of enjoyment over the course of its' life if you opt to keep him (I hope you do).

Colombians are down right bad-A** awesome, and aside from a little attitude and smaller size, there's only a few subtle differences.

Don't give up on the little guy because he isn't a B&W - if you give him the same exact amount of attention you were willing to give the B&W I guarantee you will be happy with the outcome, and possibly change your mind completely about them in general. I know the colombians I have changed my mind completely.

Gratz on your new tegu.
thx you i treat him with royalty hes super friendly but i just want a argentine only because i think there markings are better

m3s4

You should post pics of your colombian.

And, as an option, why not keep him and get a b&w roomie for him in the future?

BOOZER

5 Year Member
m3s4 said:

Colombians are down right bad-A** awesome, and aside from a little attitude and smaller size, there's only a few subtle differences.

Gratz on your new tegu.
i second this ENTIRE post!!!!! my best and prob most favorite tegu was my columbian female.... Cleo!!!

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
This may come off as rude but if you couldn't tell the difference when you bought him then the markings can't be that different...

pauljr456

5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
This may come off as rude but if you couldn't tell the difference when you bought him then the markings can't be that different...

was my first tegu ever so i wasnt sure

got10

The place it was purchased from probably did not know or just wanted to make the sale at a higher price. Its not every place that has knowledgeable people working in them. Even some of the big chain pet stores . Have people working that are just there because they filled out the application correctly. NY its P3tl4nd.where they will pack animals that shouldn't even be together, into the same cages with substrates that are not appropriate for the species or reptiles period .I love the way they put boas and pythons in the same cage. and even the when they placed the corn in with the king and ended up with one snake about two hours later. And couldnt figure out what and happened to the snake.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
got10 said:
The place it was purchased from probably did not know or just wanted to make the sale at a higher price. Its not every place that has knowledgeable people working in them. Even some of the big chain pet stores . Have people working that are just there because they filled out the application correctly. NY its P3tl4nd.where they will pack animals that shouldn't even be together, into the same cages with substrates that are not appropriate for the species or reptiles period .I love the way they put boas and pythons in the same cage. and even the when they placed the corn in with the king and ended up with one snake about two hours later. And couldnt figure out what and happened to the snake.

pauljr456 said:
got10 said:

pauljr456 said:
got10 said:

pauljr456 said:
got10 said:

Attachments

• IMG_20120407_124815.jpg
    IMG_20120407_124815.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20120407_124807.jpg
    IMG_20120407_124807.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20120407_124824.jpg
    IMG_20120407_124824.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

pauljr456

5 Year Member
TegusRawsome80 said:
Can you post more pics? That's an interesting looking tegu.

let me see i really want an argentine but the tegu does have crazy markings
pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:
TegusRawsome80 said:

pauljr456 said:

Attachments

• IMG_20120408_173137.jpg
    IMG_20120408_173137.jpg
    878.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20120408_173148.jpg
    IMG_20120408_173148.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20120408_173157.jpg
    IMG_20120408_173157.jpg
    882.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20120408_173207.jpg
    IMG_20120408_173207.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20120408_173219.jpg
    IMG_20120408_173219.jpg
    682 KB · Views: 2

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Hes so cute. I vote keep him. The colors dont mater, its the tegu inside that matters. lol

I ordered a b&w tegu and they shiped me a red. I still kept her though.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
Aardbark said:
Hes so cute. I vote keep him. The colors dont mater, its the tegu inside that matters. lol

I ordered a b&w tegu and they shiped me a red. I still kept her though.

who is they who shipped u that and idk i think hes a gold

TegusRawsome80

5 Year Member
I honestly think that as far as Columbians go that one's markings resemble an Argentine in Columbian form. Very cool looking tegu, and yes it's a Columbian, but I still think you should try him out.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Nice Colombian, not a Gold, I would keep him but that's just me :). If it was sold as a b&w what does your receipt say? Did you notify the place you got it from for a return or partial refund?

Because of their reputation very few people would trade a B&W for a Colombian.

m3s4

What everyone else said. I'd keep him unless the store offers you a refund, which they might IF they sold it as an ARGENTINE b&w.

A common mistake, because of the coloring, some people will sell colombians as just black and whites.

Ie; "For sale black and white tegu, $170" without specifying arg/or colombian. Unfortunately, some reptile shop employees just don't know the difference.

pauljr456

5 Year Member
well what happend was it was a guy off craigslist so there is no recept and he wont refund my stuff i would want to keep him but i dont wanna take a chance thats why i want a argentine

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029