• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Columbian sleeping more?

Zelera

5 Year Member
Hey,
I have a black and white columbian tegu and since they don't hibernate during winter do they sleep more?

I have noticed past month or to my tegu has been sleeping up to a week at a time without coming out but she don't do this during summer at all.

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't know...my crazy Colombian is sleeping less! It seems that last year she did sleep just a bit more, but maybe she's digging the new Mercury Vapor bulb I got for her.

In the winter, the room temps of the our houses change, which may affect the ambient temps of her enclosure. I'd check her temps and see what's going on there.

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Columbians don't hibernate but some of them do choose to brumate which is pretty much the same but they're not asleep (or don't sleep as much). Its more of a slowing down, they might refuse food and only come out to drink water (or not) for a few days to a week at a time. Its not like the other Gus' that do hibernate and you don't see them for months at a time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu