• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Considering new software for TeguTalk

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

I'm considering converting TeguTalk to newer, better software but I wanted to see what the community thinks so I can make a better decision about what we need. The bad news is that in converting we will likely lose our passwords and our private messages. Passwords are easy to reset - PMs are a different story.
On the positive side, the new software is the same one I use for GeckoTalk.com, BeardedDragonForum.com, and a few others. It's got social media integrated, a cool member trophy feature, and much better methods for uploading photos and other media.
I think the conversion will ultimately be worth the cost of losing some data. What do you all think? What features are important to you? Your opinion counts, so let's hear it!

Thanks!

Josh

Diablo

5 Year Member
If people want to save PM's they can always just copy them into a word document. So I say go for it

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback and support Diablo!
I'm trying to weigh what features will make TeguTalk better but will also preserve the great community that's developed here. I don't want to make waves. I DO want to make it easier for people to find Tegu info, get sound advice, and post about their Tegus

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
# of posts and ratings will still be there? Or will they be lost as well? I think it sounds like a good move.

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
TeguBuzz said:
# of posts and ratings will still be there? Or will they be lost as well? I think it sounds like a good move.
Post counts and reputation ratings would remain as they are now.

james.w said:
I don't see anything wrong with the way things are now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Thanks James! Luckily there isn't anything wrong with TeguTalk as-is but it takes quite a bit of effort to keep things running smoothly. This software upgrade would make TeguTalk more secure, FASTER, and more user-friendly. All pluses, in my book.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback guys! I haven't made a decision either way yet. But I wanted to keep you all in the loop on the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This might also be a good opportunity to change our theme and logo too. A TeguTalk facelift of sorts! Anyone do logo designing?

Deac77

5 Year Member
I have a partner that does logo design he has built a number of sites and done a number of logos he very good he may be interested

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Deac, have him email me. Maybe you can tell him what we're all about so he can get some inspiration.
I also think this could be a good way to turn a new leaf. For those concerned about change: what, if anything, do you think needs improving?

laurarfl

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I think the forum in general runs fine. The change would be about breaking away from Bobby's creation and establishing a new identity.

LizardzRock

yea I agree change it, change is good as long as it doesn't take away from any current functionality and creates an opportunity to expand on it. Especially if it allows the administrator(s) to run and maintain it better and easier. The users see just the front end and not the work that is put in on the back end, not saying they don't appreciate it though b/c i do.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fanderson9214