• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

corn snakes heat question

tegu1982

5 Year Member
I just have one question. is it ok to have a heat cave for a pair of baby corn snakes less than a year old? thanks. :)

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
I don't even know what a heat cave is. But if the temps are correct inside it and there is a cool down place outside the cave on the other end of the cage I don't see why not. Is it something that can be thermostatically controlled? I would hate for it to get too hot and bake the little guy.

Tux

5 Year Member
I'm guessing it is: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.com/ZooMed-Repti-Heat-Cave-Zoo-Med/dp/B0002AQCMI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.amazon.com/ZooMed-Repti-Heat ... B0002AQCMI</a><!-- m -->

I've never used nor even seen them, i would be weary of them just like I am of heat rocks personally.

Red Earth Exotics

5 Year Member
After seeing that link, I don't think I would use it either. They say heat rocks aren't intended to be used with thermostats, and I wouldn't think that would either. Just not worth the risk, to me anyway.

tegu1982

5 Year Member
i too dont care for them i was just trying to convince my nefews mom not to use them as well. i bought two baby corns for them as birthday gifts and im trying to get them into certain habbits when it comes to the care of them. but thanks for the input. much appreciated.

cornking4

5 Year Member
Just put a long half log across the cage with a 90-95 degree heating pad underneath half of the hide. This allows the snakes to perfectly regulate their temperature while still remaining hidden. After all, the snakes know best.

Stay away from any in-tank heater. Your snakes could easily get burned on them and get seriously injured.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu