• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Difference between male & female puberty.

RyanWatson259

What sex of Argentine black & white tegu is easier to handle/tame down during their puberty stage? Or does it make a difference between their tantrums, giving the fact that it's puberty?

Thanks in advance for all & any advice

Debita

1,000+ Post Club
Both of my B/W's were wild caught, so take that into account... My male was one of the worst case scenarios with his dominance probs, and my female was a peach. That said, I do think it depends on the Tegu. I've heard others talk about their females having dominance issues - mostly while working through puberty. So - my advice to anyone who is concerned about that particular thing - get a Beardie. They are the most lovable easy going lizards I know of, still plenty of personality.

ToadHallBetty

So - my advice to anyone who is concerned about that particular thing - get a Beardie. They are the most lovable easy going lizards I know of, still plenty of personality.
LOL my Beardie Blake hit maturity and turned into a wild beast. He will literally run across his inclosure with mouth open to bite.
IMAG0927.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me