• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

dirty mites

BlacknWhite

Hey guys I recently got an X red beardie from a pet shop I don't usally use and I noticed her scratching I took a look around and found mites under her eyelids. So I have taken the substrate out of her enclosure and laid down tissue and baked all her enclosure decoration. I have been reading up on treatment and all I have seen is basiclly douse her in betadine and I really am worried about doing that. I also saw a topic about preadtorial mites and found a website who will supply me about 10,000 of them most people are telling me they have had amazing stress free success with thier beardies however I thought I would post this up and see if anyone had any advice for me.

Thanks guys
Adam

BlacknWhite

Hm that does sound like a good idea I would have to be carefull applying it but it is worth a shot I suppose. How long should I keep applying it? does it kill the eggs aswell or just the live mites?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980