• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Does this rescue look healthy?

ssspiral

I usually do volunteer work rescuing and releasing native wildlife, however in a crazy series of events I ended up with a female black and white Tegu, and I've had her for about 2 weeks. She looks and acts very healthy as far as I can tell, she eats great and is super active and curious, and she poops every couple of days. I've been giving her chicken wings (with bone ) stuffed with veggies every few days, and she chills out in my bathroom under a heat lamp for about half of the day. (This is NOT my long term setup). Only thing I'm worried about is that her stomach looks a little bloated, however I've never owned a Tegu, so I may just be paranoid. Does she look healthy? Any and all advice on Tegu care would be greatly appreciated!!
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.06.51 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-15 at 10.07.35 PM.png

and in case anyone cares, her name is Ripley, named after Ellen Ripley from Alien

Beauhunter

Is it like that when she is up walking around?
Could just be the way she is laying
I usually do volunteer work rescuing and releasing native wildlife, however in a crazy series of events I ended up with a female black and white Tegu, and I've had her for about 2 weeks. She looks and acts very healthy as far as I can tell, she eats great and is super active and curious, and she poops every couple of days. I've been giving her chicken wings (with bone ) stuffed with veggies every few days, and she chills out in my bathroom under a heat lamp for about half of the day. (This is NOT my long term setup). Only thing I'm worried about is that her stomach looks a little bloated, however I've never owned a Tegu, so I may just be paranoid. Does she look healthy? Any and all advice on Tegu care would be greatly appreciated!! View attachment 16301View attachment 16302
and in case anyone cares, her name is Ripley, named after Ellen Ripley from Alien

Big Red

Is it like that when she is up walking around?
Could just be the way she is laying
She does look healthy and Bloated. Try soaking her on a tub of water close to her body temperature.If my guess is correct she should poop, a lot. Or put her in the tub and run the shower with the same water temp as before on her. Hope that helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980