• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Eggs!!!!#!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well. I did it! I put Toby and Jilly together tonight for the first time. I moved them into a 29 Gallon tank inverted upright. I put them in separate corners of the tank and then left them to do there thing. I figured they would check out there new enclosure first before I saw anything. Not less then 5 minutes later did I return and see this!!

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

*Sorry for the bad pics but I couldn't get the lens to focus and it was dark in the room.

Toby offically lost his V card tonight. Jilly is a proven breeder many times over so hopefully all goes well. I'll update when I find some eggs! Wish me luck!

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Well besides the Flyers losing again, trailing 3-0 against the Penguins now, atleast 1 good thing happen today!!!!! Jilly laid her first clutch!!!! Lighting in the pics isn't so great but they are well formed and I am almost certain they will be fertile. The brown stuff is just some peat moss left on the eggs.

PICT0004-3.jpg

PICT0003-4.jpg

ZEKE

5 Year Member
congrats!!! so you should have some little baby cresties in a few months? i cant wait to see them!! post pics when they come.

PuffDragon

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Anywhere from 65-125 days. There are some theories as to whether temperature dependent sex occurs but the outcome has usually been 50/50. I am going to keep mine towards the lower ends of incubation (70s) and hopefully get some girls. The longest I've seen is 183 days!! That's a long time, I am expecting somewhere in the 80-90 day range.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu