• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

EMERGENCY!!!(incomplete tail loss)

stephen

BatGirl1 said:
Dubya said:
Stephen, you know what you have to do.

Yes he snapped tail off. And has it bandaged i think to keep out debris and germs while healing. Oh...my aunt had cracked hands a lot and depending on how long you need it cocevered would this help? She used to take a white cotton glove and cut finger off it. Then treat her finger w antibiotic etc. Then slip cotton 'finger ' over it. For a tail i know would have to be slender, but just an idea

Oh and I'm not sure i'd trust catfood. Hmmm. Just ground meat maybe and egg yolk and i suppose could water things down if easier for him to eat. Dubya, that oxbow stuff right? Would prob be great for now.

the tail situation, i have been taking a waterproof band-aid and folding it overthe wound then taking medical tape and wrapping around tail to keep it on and secure...thus far its works extremely well and easy to apply....My issue is i dont know what im looking for as far as infection...so im going to google it for some info....

laurarfl said:
It would be a really high end cat food like Evengers (sp?).

I have been using sheba premium cat food...it uses natural juices as well as some natural meat....I was using friskies but i needed to get him off of that because of gravy being in a non-gravy can....

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
BatGirl1 said:
Dubya said:
Stephen, you know what you have to do.

Yes he snapped tail off. And has it bandaged i think to keep out debris and germs while healing. Oh...my aunt had cracked hands a lot and depending on how long you need it cocevered would this help? She used to take a white cotton glove and cut finger off it. Then treat her finger w antibiotic etc. Then slip cotton 'finger ' over it. For a tail i know would have to be slender, but just an idea

Oh and I'm not sure i'd trust catfood. Hmmm. Just ground meat maybe and egg yolk and i suppose could water things down if easier for him to eat. Dubya, that oxbow stuff right? Would prob be great for now.

Oxbow Carnivore care is good. When your Aunt had cracked hands, why didn't you just lop her hands off? They would have grown back.[attachment=6763]

Attachments

• Black-Knight-monty-python.jpg
    Black-Knight-monty-python.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 18

kymzilla

Mine lost 3 inches of his tail. I put polysporin on it once, but never covered it. If you have him in a tank with no substrate take that bandage off. With the humidity in the tank your asking for an infection. They're magical creatures and will heal on its own, and it will grow back. Trust me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029