• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

EXTREME confirmed Male! $300 OR trade for Female!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Well, I got to checking out my "kids" today to discover I have a pair of Extreme males. Can't win 'em all I guess. I wanted an unrelated pair, which I got, but turns out they're both boys. Seeing as I want to breed that's just not going to work. That said, I guess I'll have to try again or find someone in the reverse boat as myself.
This boy is a 2008 baby from Sleet and Snow(I think that's their names)
Xfsm63009-1.jpg

Xfsm63009-4.jpg

And one from the day he came out of the box straight from the Varnyard:
girl2.jpg

IF, by chance, you HAPPEN to have 2 females, one from Sleet and one from Ice, if you'll part with the Sleet baby I have a male I'll trade you even for and each covers his own shipping.
Otherwise, I guess I'll have to start over IF there's an appropriate sex from Sleet available this year. If not, guess I'm S.O.L. This really sucks but it's part of the game I guess. Can't be 100% all the time with hatchlings.
That is why I waited so long to be absolutely certain that what I have is indeed a pair of boys and not anything else. His jowls are even starting to come in at this point as well as the "buttons" I thought I saw a few months back. It's for certain 110% male.
So, if you're looking for that awesome, huge, impressive male Extreme tegu and would like a jump start on breeding and taming, here you go!
Get at me!

Beasty
Great Inland Sea of Utah (SLC/Ogden)

Beasty

5 Year Member
This particular lineage of tegu is SOLD OUT for the '09 season folks!
IF you wanted one, you're SOL... save for this '08 boy here.
He's a tame 24" yearling and handled every day.(chowin Dubias at the moment in fact) I just don't have room for 2 male Extremes. Gotta make room for a female mate, so my overabundance can be your treasure.
Get him before someone else does!

Beasty

5 Year Member
Just missing his head :jes
No he's perfect and $300 doesn't include the $50 shipping.
So, $350 shipped.
$50 is a drop in the bucket to hand raise and tame a tegu for a year.
Not to mention you can't get a first gen tegu for this year. They're sold out!

Quijibo

5 Year Member
Beasty said:
Just missing his head :jes

Oh, so, him and I have something in common... :drool

Had to ask... Once bitten, twice shy. :cheers

My wife is getting ready to buy a rather expensive cat, so maybe I can sneak this one in.

Quijibo

5 Year Member
After years of dumping money into sickly,inbred "pound kittys" she decided it was best to just go to a breeder and get a healthy cat. Or at least a guarantee.

DaremoAlpha

5 Year Member
According to some people up here people are just buying cats and rabbits to feed their reptiles and snakes. Posting such ads as don't sell you animals drop them all off at humane societies ( which are already overcrowded but hey thats ok too)

One or two bad apples stereotyping eh hahaha

AWD247

5 Year Member
+1 Back to original topic, This Tegu looks Awesome !!
Im working with Bobby at the moment trying to figure which way to go, 09 hatchling or your big guy. :chin

Beasty said:
Well, I got to checking out my "kids" today to discover I have a pair of Extreme males. Can't win 'em all I guess. I wanted an unrelated pair, which I got, but turns out they're both boys. Seeing as I want to breed that's just not going to work. That said, I guess I'll have to try again or find someone in the reverse boat as myself.
This boy is a 2008 baby from Sleet and Snow(I think that's their names)
Xfsm63009-1.jpg

Xfsm63009-4.jpg

And one from the day he came out of the box straight from the Varnyard:
girl2.jpg

IF, by chance, you HAPPEN to have 2 females, one from Sleet and one from Ice, if you'll part with the Sleet baby I have a male I'll trade you even for and each covers his own shipping.
Otherwise, I guess I'll have to start over IF there's an appropriate sex from Sleet available this year. If not, guess I'm S.O.L. This really sucks but it's part of the game I guess. Can't be 100% all the time with hatchlings.
That is why I waited so long to be absolutely certain that what I have is indeed a pair of boys and not anything else. His jowls are even starting to come in at this point as well as the "buttons" I thought I saw a few months back. It's for certain 110% male.
So, if you're looking for that awesome, huge, impressive male Extreme tegu and would like a jump start on breeding and taming, here you go!
Get at me!

Beasty
Great Inland Sea of Utah (SLC/Ogden)

AWD247

5 Year Member
DaveDragon said:
You're a sick man!!! :crazy :drool

Beasty has one of my Blue's. I think you should too!! :mrgreen:

Trust me I would, even Kelly loved your Blue, but we need to get those eggs already, whats she waiting for :bang

Beasty

5 Year Member
Well AWD, if you ever want to breed extremes you don't want an '09. Not to steal a sale from Bobby. I would love a Blizard baby but I can't breed it (w/o inbreeding or making more hybrids) so I don't need it. So, yeah, those babies are awesome but you will never be able to breed a full blooded Extreme without inbreeding it. If it's strictly a pet you're after they'd be great for that.(or if you're into hybrid breeding)

Don't get me wrong. I love my tegus but if I keep something so large and expensive, I want to breed it in order to see a return on the investment eventually.(if nothing else but to recoup cost of food and feeder breeding time and aggravation) Bottom line, it's a hobby that costs money like any other, I'd just like to make a little back from it.

I'd love to get another Blue girl from ya, Dave. Belle's awesome! Let's get Powder a little harem going! I think the 87%ers will be incredible looking little monsters and the minimal red in the mix helps diversify the bloodline a bit.

Beasty

5 Year Member
BUMP!!

This boy is still for sale, folks!
An absolute steal at $350 shipped to your door! :yik
This 24"+ 2008 Snow x Sleet baby, tame and ready to roll can be yours if you hurry!

If not sold here or locally by Monday(still lots of interest but no buyer yet) I will post on kingsnake.com for more and as I've never seen an Extreme on there, let alone a yearling, I'm certain he'll go quick! :bolt
I MAY consider a non-refundable deposit of 50% down($175), payable in full within 14 days of deposit payment. (because I know how bills are and it would be someone with either prior experience or access to study this forum for tegu husbandry)
Get-r-done if you have intention!
P.M. me if you're serious!
Thanks

Beasty

5 Year Member
Ok guys, I have a local buyer supposedly coming to check him out today.
IF he doesn't sell he'll be seen on kingsnake.com for a not nearly as nice a price!
TODAY he's only $350 shipped!

Going....

Going....

:bolt

Beasty

5 Year Member
And then there was 4...

A local Utah guy came to pick up this boy today. Hopefully he'll join the site and we'll be able to keep track of the growth of this awesome '08 Extreme holdback.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029