• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Extreme Giant for sale

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I have very tame Chacoan White Giant Tegu that I can no longer keep. I purchased Tai at the end of July 2009 from Bobby (she was born the same month). At that time I was single and had plenty of space, I am now married with a need for space and i'm now moving and find myself not spending nearly enough time with her. She is currently over 2 feet long and very healthy (maybe a little undersized from long hibernation). For the most part she is trained to some extent to not soil her cage often, as long as you provide plenty of time for her after she eats.

IF you have any questions at all please PM me. I am not in a complete rush to get her a new home; however, I will be moving in two weeks or so and would like to not have that hassle as well. I am willing to ship her to anywhere in the US, just realize it won't be cheap and I will only ship overnight.

IF you want pictures of her please send me your email and I will gladly send you some. I also have a very nice enclosure; however, that would only we able to be picked up as it is obviously bulky.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Pictures here would help your cause quite a bit, just upload to a free image hosting site and copy/paste the html/

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1145.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

She is currently underweight due to changing her schedule (light timers) to accompany everything going on with moving/getting a new job. I tried to change them in hopes I could see her out more often but the opposite has seemed to happen. She has been sleeping more in the last two weeks and hasn't even been looking for food unless I wake her up and get her out to play.

She also just started shedding again so her colors are a little duller than usual and obviously has a little less energy. What I'm thinking is it was just bad timing to change her schedule when I did.

I do not remember who her parents were but she was born July of 2009 and the names Blizzard and sugar sound real familiar. I'm pretty sure at least one of them was Blizzard...

I am asking $450 + s/h .... I am willing to travel slightly if its for local pickup.

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
Thank you, it really sucks that I have to find her a new home... I just won't have any time for her and for a while I'll be stuck in a housing situation that won't permit her to be there.

But hopefully I can find her a good home with someone that knows what they are doing. I've had a couple locals interested but they knew nothing about tegus and were very timid in holding her, so it made it so I really wasn't confident in letting them have her.

JohnMatthew

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
It sucks you can't keep her, she's a very pretty girl! Best of luck finding her a good home.

chelvis

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Hey sorry to be a no show latly, my work just turned into hell with a recent layoff/fire. I don't think i would be able to take her dispite how much i want to. With work and a move right now it would be unfair. I would say can you wait a month but it sounds like you need to move her soon.

Veru pretty girl by the way!

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
chelvis said:
Hey sorry to be a no show latly, my work just turned into hell with a recent layoff/fire. I don't think i would be able to take her dispite how much i want to. With work and a move right now it would be unfair. I would say can you wait a month but it sounds like you need to move her soon.

Veru pretty girl by the way!

A month is not completely out of the question...I would prefer not; however, I already have arrangements made in the event I cannot find her a home before I move (they are short term arrangements though because my younger brother is not 100% comfortable taking care of her without me around).

Obviously I will entertain any other options but if you come by the means then let me know and I will promptly let you know if she is still available or not.

First Time Tegu

5 Year Member
I have placed my girl on fauna and was wondering how many people go around trying to scam sellers? I didn't know about this place prior to seeing a couple people posting about it.

Is it reliable? I have someone offering to send me a deposit to hold her for two weeks and then give me the rest once he gets paid...this isn't a scam that I'm aware of but I'm just being cautious.

turtlepunk

There are quite a few scammers out there! but as long as you hold the tegu until the amount is fully paid, i think you should be fine. Just use common sense when on fauna and there really shouldn't be a problem. Just be careful when buying, thats when they can get ya.

Neeko

Don't get scammed, its nightmare.... If people just offer you deposits and what not then keep backing out, either accept no deposits or you keep all the deposit if they cant by after the designated deadline. This might encourage more serious buyers.

got10

Neeko said:
Don't get scammed, its nightmare.... If people just offer you deposits and what not then keep backing out, either accept no deposits or you keep all the deposit if they cant by after the designated deadline. This might encourage more serious buyers.

Half the deposit is fair enough. Some people really dont have money like that to lay out. I would prefer my animal go to a person who will keep it and take good care of it at a lower price ,than to some damned animal flipper that will not even give more than minimal it because all he wants is to make a fast buck . And he then sells it to some idiot that ends up killing it from lack care.

jtpowers

Not to hijack the thread into scam avoidance, but the OP asked... Let me just suggest
that if anyone offers you payment by check (even cashiers check or money order) and overpays, suggesting that you just cash it and send the difference back Western Union...it is most assuredly a scam. The check is counterfeit, but will likely show a positive balance in your bank account for about ten days until your bank verifies that and sticks you for the entire amount.

In fact, you should be suspicious of most suggestions that you transfer money via WU or Moneygram. Although the vast bulk of transfers via WU are legitimate, likewise the vast bulk of fraudulent activity online occurs through WU or its similar counterparts, if that makes sense.

Probably not telling anyone anything they dont already know, but a reminder never hurt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980