• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

feeding cat food?

DavidRosi

I don't even feed my dogs tinned food... The stuff is made to last and how it's really made and what really goes in is anyone's guess.

I'd personally just steer clear of tinned anything...

kymzilla

They're not big enough to be eating rap pups yet, they wont even touch fuzzies unless i cut it in half.
They get alertnating foods from eggs, turkey, chicken, chicken livers, chicken hearts, gizzards, and pinkies.
They get calcium daily, and a multivitamin.

No problems shedding, and they're getting bigger every week.

Im not concerned about thier diet, i had just read another posters thread about feeing his cat food, and how they're quite large and it increased thier appetite.

That was the only reason i tried it, and they didnt even eat any of it.

kymzilla

tuna fish is packed in salt water, i believe.
also, full of chemicals or preservatives im sure are equally as potentially harmful to gu's.

ill stick it ground meats and mice.

Little Wise Owl

5 Year Member
Tuna for human consumption is packed full of sodium but not many harmful preservatives and chemicals. There is salt free tuna for cats but I would avoid tuna all together due to its high mercury levels.

Logie_Bear

Question to those who mentions salt in tuna-
What do you feel about other saltwater fish? My gu has a love for smelt and yesterday she had mahi mahi and anihilated it. Lol

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I feed mine fish fillets. He's had rockfish, tuna, salmon, cod, mahi-mahi, talapia, scallops, he eats whatever I toss to him. I haven't tried tuna in a can because of the additives on the labels. I don't do fish frequently, maybe a couple times a month. They tend to make Gurus poop smell suuuuper bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029