• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Feeding issue.

kaa

5 Year Member
I got these two tegus a few months ago, and as soon as I got them they went into hibernation. They came out, but the problem is is that they won't eat outside of the cage. And as soon as I come by the cage, they think it is food time. I got snapped at tonight, kinda scary. Any how, is there a good way to get them to eat outside of the cage? Should I just keep trying and hope that they will eventually get hungry enough? Or should I just give in? Right now, I have the feeding bin tipped on its side with the food inside it, so they can come in to eat, they get te food, then take it out of the bin, and shake the dog piss out of it. It is pretty funny to see. So I am thinking I will do this until they just eat in the bin, then stand the bin up, and put them in it to feed, then after the get used to that, I will take the bin out to feed outside of the cage. If anyone has any better ideas, I am open to suggestions. They are going to take some work, they tolerate me picking them up, but squirm alot, and the food agression thing. I might take them out for some free roam time tomorrow to see how that goes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980