• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

female pursuing male?!?!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ok so as many of you already know i have my 2009 female tegu nero who didnt hibernate and is really big, and i just aquired a male 2009 tegu gozar; who is a nice size but since he hibernated is smaller than nero. now the first day he was here i fed all of my tegus, and decided to introduce gozar and nero. well nero was definately interested in gozar and immediately went over to say hi, sh smelled all over him and got really excited, she stared nudging him by his tail base and scratching his side and just seemed to keep pushing herself on him. i then seperated them seeing that he wasnt to comfortable with her, well with his previous owners they had another male who was also larger than gozar, and was obviously the dominate male(seeing as i saw him jowl popping when hey encountered each other, free roaming) now it seems gozar is terrified of nero, i took him out the otherday and he didnt want me to put im down while nero was out, and she obviously knew he was out and was clawing at my legs wanting to be picked up too, now she spends alot of time around his enclosure and even tried to get in a few times. whats this about? i think he needs more time to settle in and get used to being with a female, and she needs to get used to having a male other than puny lil pyro lol (whom she pays no attention too)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu