• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

food question

Anthony

5 Year Member
can you feed your tegu raw chicken? like basic chicken tendorloins or breast but raw? its not on the list but was wondering.... thanks

my tegu does not eat fruits hardly ever
never ate beef liver
never ate eggs
tuna cept once( i still offer these things but there never eaten)
these are some things i offer that they never eat
they always eat mice , ground turkey , chicken hearts and chicken gizzarda and ground beef.... i want more variety though....

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
mines go nuts for chicken breast as well as the items on your list except tuna i never tried it.for nero i give her whole chicken wing or a whole egg, they also love telapia! they will all eat just about anything except ground turkey and fruit its not really popular with the b/w's ,achilles will just nibble it and nero lately has been refusing both but pyro will devour ANYTHING placed in his bowl!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
yep i just give nero whole egg, pyro and achilles gets the shell crunched up!

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
they will take both but hardboiled is the best way to go. i feed raw when i mix it with ground turkey or something!

preston897

ok hat makes perfect sense. im still trying to learn the diet as well haha. that seems to be the hardest part of their care. making sure their diet is good and healthy

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
lol with nero i just always fed avariety of meats and rodents 2x a week and supplemented 2-3x a week and that worked great so i followed the same regime with the others and the next tehus i get will be the same, why change a good thing lol. but i think with the red its going to cost alot more because at 17" he is already eating a lot and he will be bigger than the other two ( yes more than likely nero too lol)

HorseCaak

5 Year Member
Mine LOVES Chicken! Chicken breasts and Chicken Livers! I blend chicken liver with ground turkey with cod liver oil and it is definitely one of her favorites. Makes a mess though so I plan to save time for a bath after feeding the blended mix. I also tried Scallops today and she ate those. Chicken Livers are sold in small tubs for cheap at Safeway Grocery...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029