• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

freaking out at work

blokhedd

hey everyone first time tegu owner. im on break at work but i have a question. My tegu pooped today and he it looked like some of his insides came out and he couldnt get them back in i had heard of that over the summer from others but i forget what they called it i just remember they had put him in the bath and it corrected itself so i did and it worked but it happend when i had to leave so ive been here for the past couple hours freaking out. Is he ok? will he/she be? and what can i do for him/her. please help i cant do a proper search for info til i get home tonight i hope im just overreacting.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Sounds like a prolapse. My old red tegu had a prolapse long ago. I took him out of his enclosure and put him in a moist towel and held him in it for a while. It fixed itself and I put some vaseline around the vent, never saw a prolapse again.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I used Vaseline and it worked fine. My red live happily after that and is still alive but is in someone else's hands.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont