• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

fresh drylock question

so i was finally able to get some drylock for my wood enclosure i put my first coat on yesterday but just on the floor of the enclosure so far. i was wondering to i caulk all the seems first or does it not matter? also how many layers should i lay down on it?

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
I sealed it after I was done with the dry lol, don't worry it takes the silicone. I put two coats, but the second coat on the bottom.

Strange_Evil

5 Year Member
Strange_Evil said:
I sealed it after I was done with the dry lol, don't worry it takes the silicone. I put two coats, but the second coat on the bottom.
Dry lok* not lol ( auto text )

Orion

5 Year Member
I put 2 or 3 coats of drylok or all inside surfaces. You will not need to use silicone. The drylok waterproofs the cage.

Dubya

1,000+ Post Club
When you caulk, make sure it isn't pure silicone. Paint will not stick to it. I used a paintable latex gutter sealer and it has worked well. Whatever you use, make sure it says paintable on the tube.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
It’s_me