• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

gator and python

shabazz

5 Year Member
1st I have a 11 ft albino brumese female python that i need to find a new home. the fee for her is $100. Next i have a 5 year old am alligator that is 3ft. and so what tamed and the fee for him is $150. Also will trade for a water monitor.

cornking4

5 Year Member
If I were you I'd surrender the gator to Game and Fish which will ensure he gets re-homed to a sanctuary. If they find you selling an illegal animal on here you'll be heavily fined and could even do some jail time... I volunteer under a member of the Game and Fish board and he said that selling an outlawed animal, especially an am alligator, can get you in serious trouble with the law. If you think you won't get caught, all it would take is an officer posing as a buyer to acquire your personal information and you're sunk.

Large lizards like gators should be living in a large sanctuary, not inside a home or in a backyard.

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Ok, first of all although it is not intelligent to post this, I doubt there are police officers viewing this. Also, it is Fish and Game not Game and Fish. American Alligators are crocodilians not lizards there is an incredibly large difference between the two. And you would almost certainly not do jailtime for this. I would suspect a large fine but unless if you have some huge extensive collection of illegal stuff then I think you're alright. And shipping the marijuana to Amsterdam may be a slight issue. Haha

cornking4

5 Year Member
Dr Driggers of Arizona Fish and Game (sorry if I reversed the word order, you don't have to get that bitchy about it) and I were talking about outlawed hot snakes, gators, and other illegal animals and he said that possession will get you heavy fines and sale, especially out of state, can get you jail time, depending on the specific case. And that's stupid to think there would be a police officer viewing this, it's dumb to assume that that's what I meant. What I'm talking about is if there is a member on here that's on the board of a wildlife control organization of some sort (the odds are pretty good... think of how many members there are on this forum) asking for personal information of the seller and reporting them.

Tegukid you seem like you're PMSing or something :bahi :crazy

The captain

5 Year Member
TeguKid80 said:
And shipping the marijuana to Amsterdam may be a slight issue. Haha
And sending an alligator out of NY is gonna be a sinch? lol
Im assuming you wont ship though... Still, be careful.

kaa

5 Year Member
I'm not trying to say that selling a gator on here is smart, but I know alot of the reptiles we keep are illegal too, or at least they are without a permit. How about the python he is selling? or the tegus we keep? I think they fall under the life threatening carnivorous reptile. Or whatever our local laws classify them as. cut the guy some slack. And check out your local laws.

Sakara

5 Year Member
well I can personally tell you that I have my proper permits and keep ALL my animals legally ;) not worth putting our hobby at any more risk then it already is. especially when it comes to the constrictors and all the bans they are trying to pass. if you can't pay the small fee for permits and take a class, if required, to keep you babies legally, then to me, that means that you really don't give a flip and shouldn't own the animal. no matter how good of a keeper you are. I mean really, how hard is it to go buy a $20 permit??

just my $.02

TeguKid80

5 Year Member
Umm yeah and you also called an alligator a lizard?!?! Posting it was his business and if this hasn't been removed by an admin there is no need to discuss this or make immature comments about the menstrual cycle bud...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980