• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Gold tegu and black and white

Spikethetegu1

Can a gold tegu and a black and white tegu coexist if they are the same size. I have a very large enclosure they will have plenty of room

Last edited:

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
I'd personally not house them together but I suppose you could pull it off, if the enclosure is large enough. How large is "plenty of room"?

Jackie & Hellboy

It only takes a moment for an irreversible accident to take place. I would not do it. Just because their care is very similar doesn't mean they behave the same, and one of the animals may do just fine with no stress but he may be suppressing or bullying the other tegu without you being aware and that could be terrible for the victim lizard.

N8bub

Colombian bnw with gold tegu. Yes because they are both t. Teguixin or bluntly the same species. Argentine bnw and gold tegu would advise against cohabiting. Different species = different requirements. Example, argentines often hibernate, colombians do not. The gold tegu would interrupt the normal hibernation schedule for your argentine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont