• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

GRAPHIC: Lost gravid Tegu

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
Yesterday I found my gravid Tegu dead in the enclosure. Since I lost her, I cut her open and pulled out the eggs. She has been gravid for about 3 weeks. She was fine when I left but once I got home she was gone. Here are a few pictures I took to try to save her offspring. :(
P1010005-5.jpg

P1010007-5.jpg

P1010008-6.jpg

P1010009-2.jpg

P1010010-2.jpg

P1010011-1.jpg

Bubblz Calhoun

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Oh no,.. :( sorry to hear that she didn't make it.
That one egg in the second pic second row looks pretty big. Or maybe the smaller ones are making it look so big.

How old was she? Have you candled the eggs to see which ones are fertile? There's a few that don't look too good but you never know.

WildlifeLover429

Oh man :( I'm so sorry. I hope there are babies in those eggs, at least when a life passes on a new one begins you know. Lets hope you have at least one baby for you to remember her by.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
@Bubblz she was about 5 or 6 years old. Im going to candle the eggs once they get firmer because right now they are still soft.
@Wildlife Thanks I hope so too. She was one of my favorites

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
Tensleep said:
Sorry for your loss. What do you mean by saying "she was fine when I left"?
She was fine before I went to a family BBQ and when I got home she was dead.

Orion

5 Year Member
I am so sad for you. I hope things get better in the days to come. My Tegus are part of our family, we had a male die last year and it tore us all up the family was sad for months.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
JohnMatthew said:
Dang man, my condolences to you.

Thank you
Orion said:
I am so sad for you. I hope things get better in the days to come. My Tegus are part of our family, we had a male die last year and it tore us all up the family was sad for months.

Its hard to go through things like this

Gedy

My condolences :(
After you removed the eggs, did you continued the autopsy to found a cause of dead ?

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
Gedy said:
My condolences :(
After you removed the eggs, did you continued the autopsy to found a cause of dead ?

I just looked through her. I think she was trying to pass the eggs but couldnt.

TEGU_JAKE

5 Year Member
Strange_Evil said:
Dang man that sucks, sorry for your loss. I hope at least one of the eggs makes it. So you was she egg bound?

Yeah I saw my male lock up with her a few times and she repeated the same behavior as last year when she was gravid.

Jefroka

5 Year Member
Best of luck with her clutch. I feel so bad for your loss and genuinely hope that some of her offspring live on.

Feeling sad but hopeful.

...Jefroka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980