• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Grumpy females?

lilwyhunter

5 Year Member
So, I'm not a tegu breeder, nor do I have any experience with tegu breeders. This will be my females third spring and she's always been the nicest most tame of the three. She came out of hibernation about a month ago and was fine. In the last week though she's been going through food like crazy and rushing us mouth open if we're rustling through the cage while cleaning. We've had to take her out and leave her to wander the room while cleaning now. Her boyfriend has always been a little grump, but she's not picking on him at all and they're still co-habitating just fine. Is it just 'that time of year'? Does anyone who've bred tegus get the same reaction from their females during this period? I've been keeping an eye on them, but there hasn't been any action. I guess I'm just looking for a little guidance, in hindsight she could be just hungry from the long sleep, but she's pushing fatty after only a few weeks.

G

Let her know that you are where the food comes from and we will hope she tames down for you ..

Just quitting hibernating I would think she is craving all kinds of things ..

Give her a little time ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoritoDan