• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hatchling BnW Tegu itching. + Eating issues.

Campo

seemed quite panicked as well.

After this and failed google searches I soaked her in some warm water and misted the cage. I'm at 10 min and it does not seem bothered any more. So low humidity possibly?

As for eating issues, she likes to take a bite, literally a BITE of banana, then loses interest, it has done this twice. It did take a bite of a cherry, then also lost interest. Super worms presented in hand, in container in cage, in front without container out side of cage, ignores them. Had some frozen ground turkey, microwaved it a bit, it was slightly cooked, after it become just warm I offered it, after smelling it, she bit into it, and dropped it, losing all interest in its existence.

Other wise shes quite calm, aside from tearing up the substrate looking for a way out. does not run, is almost never afraid of a hand, will relax and sleep on me, I put her into my shirt pocket she gets comfy and sleeps.

Campo

cypress mulch atm,+eco earth soon.
-------------------------

eco earth in now, shes exploring it.

Last edited:

Artemisace

cypress mulch atm,+eco earth soon.
that's a good way to hold humidity, that's what my nile has and what I'm going to be using for my tegu eventually. Right now she's just on eco earth. Have you checked her for mites? They are a frustrating parasite and essentially reptile flees, they could very easily be the cause of her issues. I'm no tegu expert, I just have been keeping reptiles for several years at this point.

Campo

Have not witnessed any itching as of recent, perhaps I just over worried. She started eating, turkey, and turkey mixed with other things topped with some raw egg.

On a side note, is there a way to delete a thread?

Artemisace

Have not witnessed any itching as of recent, perhaps I just over worried. She started eating, turkey, and turkey mixed with other things topped with some raw egg.

On a side note, is there a way to delete a thread?
Glad she's eating now [emoji3] just make sure she's getting her vitamins and minerals. Uhmm... I honestly don't know if you can do that. I would imagine the admins can

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tegulover310