• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hatchling lighting

realwomenfightnaked

I have my hatchling in a 48 x 18 (basically a 45 gallon)

I have the basking side set with slate and a deep dome fixture with a zoo med repti basking light (100-150 watt I believe)

but for the cool side, I feel like the temp is low on that side, I'm wondering what low powered bulb I could put over there to bump it just a little

also should I turn my lights off at night?

You want to still have a heat source at night, but without leaving a bright basking bulb on. Some use ceramic heat emitters. I personally always use a black night heat bulb normally 150w. All the light suppliers make them (Zoo med, Exo terra, Zilla, All living things)

Walter1

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
You want to still have a heat source at night, but without leaving a bright basking bulb on. Some use ceramic heat emitters. I personally always use a black night heat bulb normally 150w. All the light suppliers make them (Zoo med, Exo terra, Zilla, All living things)
Good advice.

I should add that I would be using a 150w in a 6x3 enclosure. That would probably be too much for a tank your size

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu