• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Healthy Tegu stool with sperm plugs.

VARNYARD

Former Admin
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
This is a picture of a healthy tegu stool. Unlike monitors they have a firmer stool.

DSCN3617.jpg

The yellow is the urates, these can also be whitish in color as well, and the brown is feces. The two white strings are the sperm plugs. These can also be very stringy and are often confused with parasitic worms. I have many people contacting me each spring thinking that their tegu has worms, and I wanted to share this with everyone. Also note, the sperm plugs are only found in adult male tegus feces.

DSCN3618.jpg

This is just a closer look at the plugs.

MMRR - jif

5 Year Member
Azul has been leaving me these every day, usually on the kitchen floor! ICK! I'm afraid to put him with one of the girls because he's so darned violent and rough with them. Oh well.
485seminal_plugs_Azul.jpg

Nero

5 Year Member
Tegu poop smells so bad. He was on my head hanging out and decided to take a dump. It wasnt a thrilling experience

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu