• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hellllo there.

thenikkix3

Hi there; I'm Nikki - Just signed up to the site about a week ago - so I'm new to the site. Me and my Boyfriend (who tends to sign on here to look things up) just brought home our B&W Tegu Friday - named Nagion. (New to Tegus - not new to reptiles.) Can't wait for it to get bigger so we can tell what it is (m/f) - it's about a month old. Friendly and lovable as can be, not to mention spoiled. Figured I'd introduce myself and ask if there's any advice I should have. I've done my homework - researched about everything there is to find out on the web, ordered books online, and have read most of the threads before and after bringing Nagion home.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0030.JPG
    IMG_0030.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and congrats. Do you have any questions about anything? These guys grow soooo fast, take tons and tons of picures :)

thenikkix3

What kinds of stuff do they like in their environment. I had a small tree my iguana liked to bask on but he doesn't seem to like it much.. I was thinking of a basking rock; know anywhere that has a variety for not to much? He likes his rock hideaway a lot. And I'm a photographer - I've been taking LOTS of pictures =]

saided

When Dio was that small I bought some PVC pipe curves and stuff and hid it under his substrate. Tegu's have a tendency to destroy all living plant life, so I bought a whole bunch of silk plants from the craft store that he tears up and shuffles around. Lots of hides, and wood or stone basking spots(Dios basking spot is 2" styrofoam insulation covered in sanded grout to look like rock). Stone yards, and tile places often have large chunks of scrap rocks like slate and shale that would be ideal for basking spots, much cheaper than any petstores.

Sirhc401

I have rocks inside odin's enclosure. I just took some rocks I liked from outside , cleaned them, and put them in. Lol

Aardbark

5 Year Member
Welcome. Cute little guy you have there. Love the picture with him looking out the window.

thenikkix3

Thanks for the advice. I just have the one hide for now since everything I keep putting in there he doesn't seem to like. lol. I want to find him a nice basking platform (or at least find the supplies to make one) he can hide under and he doesnt seem to like plants so silk plants sound like the way to go. And I know I've read they eat fruits and veggies - but he doesnt seem to like anything not wriggling - any suggestions on how to get him to start or does he "grow" into that?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu