• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from Memphis TN

Vince

Greetings everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself. Don't have a tegu yet, but have put down a deposit for one of Bobby's B&W's. My fiance and I have a beardie and a gecko and after seeing the videos of Bobby's tegus, the fiance was sold on them.

I have a 40 gallon ready and am in the process of building an indoor 7x4x4 for the little guy (or gal) for when he needs to upgrade.

I found a beardie forum that was very helpful after we got him, and I was very glad to have found them. So I wanted to find a good community and wealth of knowledge for the new baby so we'll be ready when he arrives.

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome! A 40 gallon will be good for a few months at most. If the tegu stays up all winter I don't see it lasting longer than 4-5 months. If it hibernates you might be able to use it until spring. What kind of gecko do you guys have?

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome aboard, what part of Memphis are you from I use to live in raleigh and cordova, good luck with the hewn guy(gal)

Vince

rhetoricx said:
Welcome! A 40 gallon will be good for a few months at most. If the tegu stays up all winter I don't see it lasting longer than 4-5 months. If it hibernates you might be able to use it until spring. What kind of gecko do you guys have?

A leopard. Impulse buy at the Repticon a few weeks ago. Fiance is trying to adjust her expectations. After having the beardie that's more or less a bean bag that you can carry around anywhere, the skittish nature of the gecko is taking some getting used to for her :)

Vince

reptastic said:
Welcome aboard, what part of Memphis are you from I use to live in raleigh and cordova, good luck with the hewn guy(gal)

We're near Bartlett. And thanks for the welcome!

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome and if you have the 7x4x4 ready when you get the little guy, I would just start with that. It will save him from the stress of moving from the 40 to the bigger cage in the future.

Vince

james.w said:
Welcome and if you have the 7x4x4 ready when you get the little guy, I would just start with that. It will save him from the stress of moving from the 40 to the bigger cage in the future.
Unless I really shock myself, I doubt it'll be ready. But I definitely will do that if it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980