• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Hello from the midwest

CyberPunk

Hey everyone. I'm new here obviously and can't wait to spend some time on this message board and learn more about Tegus. I've wanted one for some time now and I think we (my girlfriend and I) are ready to put together another enclosure and start our search for the perfect Tegu.

I say "another" enclosure because we currently have a few reptiles, one of which is our 4-yr old Savannah monitor. We named him "Rock" since he looks like he's made of stone. We got him when he was about 1.5 yrs old and he was in bad shape. He was mistreated, malnourished, and just didn't get any attention. He was so accustomed to being "cold" that he didn't even enjoy basking for the first few weeks we had him. So we spent the past few years giving him a better life and diet. Now he is doing much better, despite being a bit stunted in the size department. Otherwise he is a big sweety and loves to explore the house, watch TV, or sleep on your lap whenever given the chance. Here he is:

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0326-1.jpg

DSC_0323-1.jpg

DSC_0324-1.jpg

We also have another enclosure which houses a female yearling Savannah we just took in, and she is a handful! Very aggressive and skiddish so far. She has been full of surprises too. We thought she was a he at first, that is until she laid some eggs one morning! Which was very surprising given the fact that she is very small and barely a year old. The eggs were not fertile unfortunately. Anyway we named her "Rocket", here she is in a rare moment of calmness:

DSC_0325-1.jpg

So that's our reptile family. Can't wait to add a Tegu to our collection!

~cheers

turtlepunk

Hello!! LOVE your savannahs! such awesome names they have too!! I'm happy you were able to rescue the 4 y.o.! looks like he is in much better hands! <3
Have fun in pursuing your tegu! They're really awesome animals! =)

CyberPunk

Thanks, hey maybe you could answer a question for me. What do all the numbers and decimals mean like in your signature? Like "1.0 cali king snake" and "0.0.2 red eared sliders". I see it everywhere but I'm not sure what the numbers are in reference to...

james.w

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome.

The numbers indentify the amount and sex if the animal.
2.3.1 would be 2 males, 3 females and 1 unknown.

Sirhc401

Yep like he says. You can see a variety of my reptile family on my signature. Haha. Welcome. What amazing looking friends you have :)

omgtaylorg

5 Year Member
Welcome! Savannahs are awesome and I was almost sold on one a few years ago until I saw a tegu next to it at the local reptile store, been hooked ever since. Both are great animals are your savannahs looks great, you would really love a tegu if you enjoy monitors...keep us posted on your tegu status and ask any and all questions.

TeguBuzz

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome, nice looking savs. Plenty of info on this forum, feel free to ask any questions!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu