• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help building

Thongy

5 Year Member
I was in the garage the other day, and was looking around and found some planks of wood, there's 2x 43x24's, and 2x 73x19, they're really awkward dimensions though I was wondering what dimensions I should cut the wood. This will basically be for my columbian and he's still just a baby. Though since it's summer and I have time in my hands I might as well build it now. The front will have a screen of plexi glass, and I'll buy another piece of wood for the back. Just wanting your suggestions on what dimensions I should make the enclosure.

Atm I'm thinking of 4ftx2.5ftx19in

Thanks
- Thongy

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I say use the whole 73" for the length of the tank and the whole 43" for the width of the tank. Then cut your 43" boards to the 19" height of the 73" boards. That way everything is 19"s tall. Although with my plan you need to buy a piece for the top and bottom... at least you get the most bang for your buck. The cage will be big enough for life with it being fairly close to 6' long by 4' wide.

Spencer

Thongy

5 Year Member
Thanks for the fast reply, though if I use the whole length then he'll have to be housed outdoors, and I really don't want that D=. I have pretty limited space in my room, but I'll see if I can get it atleast 5 ft. I'm planning to build it similar like this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYELW4f6nbw&feature=channel_page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYELW4f6 ... annel_page</a><!-- m -->.

Thanks
-Thongy

PinkPunisher

5 Year Member
I would say the ABSOLUTE smallest you can go is 5'x3'x19" although Columbians are smaller they are still just as active so they still need a fairly large cage. I would HIGHLY recommend the smallest you go though is 6'x3'x2'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu