• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Help do I have fungus? How to treat it?

Cassey

Hey guys I have a Juvenile red tegu and about a month or so ago I had noticed that his toes on all four feet were bleeding at his knuckles and wrist. In the process he lost a few nails. I think that they may be growing back at this point but still not 100% positive. I soaked him thinking it was a shedding issue and put bedidine on it and that seemed to help. I also deep cleaned his cage and made only half of it bark and the other half a cage liner I also bought a big enough bowl for him to soak his entire body in. I also put a small aquatic heater in it so he can soak in warm water to soothe his feet. That seemed to take care of his feet bleeding and the only lingering after effect I have is he has a hard time shedding from his feet I have to peel it off for him. But now I have an issue with built up skin or scabs that are around his arm pits. I soaked him in luke warm water with bettidine and once soaked I took a wash cloth and rubbed it off. It seemed to be soothing for him. So my concern is that he may have a fungus and I'm not sure if what I am doing to try to help him is making matters worse. I don't want to make anything worse and I really want to make him comfortable. Can anyone help me here? I read on another site to put monistat on it and it worked for others but I thought that I'd ask here to get a better idea on how to help my little man. I'm thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilovecaimantegus1980