• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HELP!! Tegu loves to climb!

kyle

5 Year Member
I was wondering if anyone else's tegu does this. Mine LOVES to climb up onto my head and will just chill there for a moment, but then tries jumping toward the nearest thing possible! I'm really worried that he's gonna hurt himself because he does it everytime I'm hanging out with him. I've tried to sit in the center of the room even, and he still tries to jump off. Also he tries (and mostly succeeds) climbing up my pants leg and also the shower curtain, and has even climbed so far up the shower curtain he has gotten into the tub. I'm running outta ideas, so if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. :bang

txrepgirl

5 Year Member
Lol. That would make one cool video seeing him climb up the shower curtain and go inside the bath tub :) . Yes, all of my four adult Tegus love to climb, too. How big is your Tegu ?

kyle

5 Year Member
Well it's good to know that I'm not alone here. lol :app Oh and my tegu is a little over 2 and a half ft long.[/color] :rasp

reptastic

1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
ooh nero will climb into a bed in a heartbeat lol achilles likes climbing all over the sofa, and me when free roaming!

kyle

5 Year Member
Do anyone's tegus like to climb and then try to jump off? My tegu doesnt even sit there 4 very long he just tries jumping right away. I'm really worried because he already has a healed fracture on his back already, and I dont want him to get even more hurt.

CaseyUndead

5 Year Member
my B&W likes to climb too. he tries to climb the snake enclosures. he's even tried to jump up onto things before. he was really bad with the jumping when he was little, but he still tries it from time to time if he thinks he can get onto something.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu