• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

Herro from washington!

saided

Hey everyone! I have been a member of "thetegu.com" for about a year and a half now. & I thought I'd venture over here to see whats up! I'm sure I will recognize some other members who are on both sites too.

For those who don't know me yet though....
I am working on my BA in Ecology, Evolutionary, and Organismal Biology at WWU. I love everything biology related (except microbiology, like DNA and stuffs); Especially reptiles. I own a male Argentine B&W named Dio, hes from a local Seattle breeder, I got him at Seattle Reptile and Fish. He hatched somewhere around the 4th of July 2010. He sprouted up to 47 inches in like 7-8 months and hasn't grown since. I am quite obsessed with him, he has the perfect attitude and I can take him anywhere. Everyone loves him, from the elderly to infants.

I also have an Axolotl named Smaug. I'd probably be a reptile and amphibian hoarder if I could get away with it (empty tanks are so hard to look at), but I don't want to risk getting evicted.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here!
- Saide (Say-dee)

Rhetoric

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Where at in Washington? Welcome to tegutalk. I've found that this site is a lot more active then thetegu. There are a bunch of members on here that are also members over there. Do you have any pictures of your critters? We love pics :D

saided

Grew up in the San Juans(Decatur), high school in Anacortes, and college in Pullman and now Bellingham. I haven't ventured far from home permanently, but I totally have been bitten by the travel bug. I wanna do some sort of herpetological field work in South america when I'm done with my BA.

here are some pictures of just a few of my Pets, and past pets..

Dio's 1st Bday (Last 4th of july)
4thofJuly075.jpg

4thofJuly079.jpg

4thofJuly081.jpg

4thofJuly084.jpg

Dio's girlfriend ;)
4thofJuly087.jpg

Dio week one
IMG_7525.jpg

0709001505.jpg

One week vs 3months
diobaby.jpg

IMG_8034.jpg

6 inch local tadpole
0706001925.jpg

My cresties (no longer have them)
blending.jpg

fav.jpg

smile.jpg

Smaug the 8" axolotl
good5.jpg

Steven.

Holy!!!!!! check out that 1 week vs. 3 month pic of dio.. Now that what i call a growth spurt. Welcome to the site.

saided

Thanks everyone! I have some good ones of Smaug, but photobucket was being hella slow earlier. I'll make sure to forward all your appreciation to my animals. They'll be feelin da love
here's some more recent pics of smaug and dio. they finally uploaded....

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0738.jpg

IMAG0730.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg

269403_10150215692312237_517647236_7490957_2705454_n.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/karma_jade/304635_10150271502407237_517647236_8041369_1590544858_n.jpg[/IM[hr]
[IMG]http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i280/karma_jade/304635_10150271502407237_517647236_8041369_1590544858_n.jpg

thenikkix3

saided said:
Hey everyone! I have been a member of "thetegu.com" for about a year and a half now. & I thought I'd venture over here to see whats up! I'm sure I will recognize some other members who are on both sites too.

For those who don't know me yet though....
I am working on my BA in Ecology, Evolutionary, and Organismal Biology at WWU. I love everything biology related (except microbiology, like DNA and stuffs); Especially reptiles. I own a male Argentine B&W named Dio, hes from a local Seattle breeder, I got him at Seattle Reptile and Fish. He hatched somewhere around the 4th of July 2010. He sprouted up to 47 inches in like 7-8 months and hasn't grown since. I am quite obsessed with him, he has the perfect attitude and I can take him anywhere. Everyone loves him, from the elderly to infants.

I also have an Axolotl named Smaug. I'd probably be a reptile and amphibian hoarder if I could get away with it (empty tanks are so hard to look at), but I don't want to risk getting evicted.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here!
- Saide (Say-dee)

Welcome to the site; I'm rather new to it as well. Me and my boyfriend just brought home about a month old Agrentina B&W on Friday we named Nagion. New to tegus - not so new to the reptile scene. Had about everything else and currently have a tortoise as well. Can't wait til Nagion gets bigger so I can tell what it is - hoping turns out to be a boy. =]

Attachments

• IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

saided

Aww he's very cute! Nagion looks boyish to me, luckily it's 50/50 with the whole sex determination thing :) Keep on the lookout (more like feelout?) for spurs/buttons, Dio's showed up around 5/6 months; but he didn't exactly hibernate his first year so he grew all winter.

thenikkix3

Yeah - fingers crossed hes a boyy; I've read up and asked around on what to look for on sexing them. I just wish he would hurry up and grow so I could tell since I couldn't bring myself to have him probed.. poor thing would feel so violated! I know I would. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mightytegu