• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

HI! i just rescued at tegu.

Joe-d

I have been a fan of this breed for several years now but I have always had more snakes than I needed. However I recently got rid of my snakes after my son was born and have been craving a new reptile for the past 2 years. Today I saw where someone was trying to get rid of a tegu so i went to check it out. The poor thing was missing most of her front toes and was in what looked like a really miserable shed. Not to mention the person had it in the back of a truck in the cold and rain!... I had no choice i couldn't leave her with them so i took her home and have soaked her and rubbed her feet and tail with aloe. She is looking much better and happier already. But any pointers would be nice since I've never had anything but snakes and turtles!!!

glk832

5 Year Member
That's awesome what u did for that poor guy/gal. Check out some of the tegu diet threads, love it and provide a good enclosure. If u have so pics post pls

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
5 Year Member
Welcome to TeguTalk. Kudos to you for rescuing a tegu - and congrats on the new addition to your family! Can't wait to see some photos of her!

Joe-d

the guy said she was 2 years old. She is 2 feet 8 inches but looks like she is missing a small part of her tail. I have a 5' x 3' enclosure that I had when I had a big RTB but I plan on building a custom one that is longer. She is making a really fast turn around it seems. Sunday she was hissing and raising her tail at me any time I moved fast and now she will walk right up to me and climb into my lap. I guess food is a universal language lol

Joe-d

Here is the picture. Her name is Terri

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    509.9 KB · Views: 19

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member