• Hello guest! Are you a Tegu enthusiast? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Tegu enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Tegu and enclosure and have a great time with other Tegu fans. Sign up today! If you have any questions, problems, or other concerns email [email protected]!

hiding

steve

5 Year Member
all my tegu wants to do is be in her hide box or hide somewhere else someplace dark. i take her outside and she seems to enjoy it for a little while. i give her a big fat rat she gets it down wanders for a bit then looks for a dark place she can hide. is this typical behavior? or should i be a little worried.

also i see someone suggested cod liver oil for her shedding is this still a good idea? all on her back looks like an old leather glove all cracked and split but not peeling yet. she gets to soak in the tub for a good 45 mins to an hour daily. its very humid in her cage, percentage im not sure of, cant think of anything else to do for her at this point im open to suggestions.

she is an adult or at least a juvi, not sure of actual age, but she is 4 feet long and wide as a house, eats readily and walks normal so i dont think there is anything wrong. im still trying to find a decent vet in my area. not going to trust her to just anyone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pags1029